Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duck card approval profiles

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Duck card approval profiles

@bichonmom,

Usually when I'm denied I'm bummed for a few hours.  Not today though.  Discover has really made up for both denials today.  It (Discover application) was a mistake on my part and so unexpected.  I couldn't be happier and now I must garden for at least the next six months.  I'm going to work on my Amex CLI's.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 261 of 620
12njoy
Super Contributor

The only thing that I am missing is a high limit visa/mastercard.  I might take my 10k and put it into a secure visa/mastercard if I can find a lender who would allow me to have a 10k secured visa/mastercard with option to unsecure down the road.  If I can do that, I would get rid of my lower limit cards like CFNA, Walmart and Barclays.  That'll be a decision for March 2014 though.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 262 of 620
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@12njoy: From what I've read, Barclay's can be a pain in the butt with their AA's and stuff, but they're good on CLI's--so is Wal Mart.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 263 of 620
12njoy
Super Contributor

@credit-hoarder,

I agree.  I work my existing card by rotating usage on them.  Basically, I pay everything using credit cards (i.e. mortgage, auto, utility, etc...) and then when I get paid, I PIF.  this is how I keep my utilizatio low.  I don't go out and buy frills that I can't afford to pay off.  Geez was this a lesson learned the hard way!  I can't really do that with Barclays, CFNA or Walmart. I will say that Walmart is good because of free FICO. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 264 of 620
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

Well I went ahead and applied for the hell of it.....haven't had a new card in quite some time and was needing a 0% to do a BT from my Citi TYP thats expiring in a month with still 3k Balance...

Well I have mid-700 scores from all 3 CRA's total of 2 INQ on EQ 1 is due to fall off....

Instant Approval 20K ......had to call to get my CL...website only told me I was Approved, no details...Wasnt expecting 20k at all...my highest limit is 17K on my TYP...and that still hasnt reported yet, EQ still shows my old limit of 12K...They definitely are generous with the CLs
Message 265 of 620
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:
Well I went ahead and applied for the hell of it.....haven't had a new card in quite some time and was needing a 0% to do a BT from my Citi TYP thats expiring in a month with still 3k Balance...

Well I have mid-700 scores from all 3 CRA's total of 2 INQ on EQ 1 is due to fall off....

Instant Approval 20K ......had to call to get my CL...website only told me I was Approved, no details...Wasnt expecting 20k at all...my highest limit is 17K on my TYP...and that still hasnt reported yet, EQ still shows my old limit of 12K...They definitely are generous with the CLs

Congrats!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 266 of 620
12njoy
Super Contributor

congrats

___________ 12Njoy
Message 267 of 620
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Holy crap not shabby for the heck of it! Congrats!!
Message 268 of 620
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

Congrats! That's a great CL! Smiley Happy Do you happen to know your util reporting?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 269 of 620
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@Credit-hoarder,

Thanks.  It was worth the hard pull just because of the Discover.  You know, you may want to try a partner Amex.  I really think that is how I got in with Amex through my USAA Amex.  When I applied for real Amex card (did Blue Cash Everyday first not knowing) after having USAA Amex for 18 months with PIF, Amex approved me with $2,200.  I've made short order of getting Amex cards.  All in 45 days.  I think if you can get a partner Amex and PIF and show little utilization, you'll get it.  Shucks I was at EX 640's when I got the Blue Cash Everyday so it had to be the USAA Amex PIF with little utilization.

Any card that isn't issued by American Express directly does not influence their decision for an application. They do not look at the USAA American Express you have, except when you applied and they reviewed the payment history on it. While they are the payment network for the card, they wouldn't look at the transactions you've done on it and they wouldn't be able to see how much you paid on it at all. So I don't know what changed when you applied again, but having a card that is processed on the American Express network and issued by another lender does not help in obtaining one from American Express directly.

Message 270 of 620
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.