Established Member

Re: Duck card approval profiles

I applied for the duck card about 6 days ago, today I received a letter stating my credit score of 692, they pulled Equifax. No indication of denial or approval though, curious...

Established Contributor

I sort of wonder how much of a recon and of these 7-10 days have been. It seems like most of us seem to get 7-10 days and we havent seen anyone that was actually denied then had to recon in order to be approved.

Established Contributor

Thats the same letter I got a few days before the card arrived.  You should call. I bet it was approved.

Established Member

Did you just call the main number or is there a specific number for application inquires?

Valued Contributor

Here goes a big denial that I should have seen coming:

I app'd for Duck card with stats:

EQ pulled 665

AAoA 3.4 years

Util 5%

3 paid CO (4.8 years old at time)

Reason for instant denial - charge offs

Reconn'd - same reason

EX FICO 719 EQ FICO 698 TU FICO 722
Total Credit Limits: $468,800 (July 2013 starting credit limits totaled $2,700) - current utilization: 3% - current AAoA: 1.8-2.4 years
In my wallet: Amex(24.6k), Barclays(18.2k), Capital One (45k), Chase(34k), CITI(5k), Diners Club(30k), Discover(16.5k), 5/3(18k), Equality Visa(4k), FIA Amex(35k), Key Bank(3.5k), NASA FCU(5k), NFCU(65k), Rakuten Mastercard(2k), Synchrony(72k), USAA(48k), US Bank(6.5k), and Wells Fargo(37.5k).
Established Contributor

I think most people have either been calling 800-365-1111 or 855-885-8472.

Community Leader
Super Contributor

bichonmom wrote:

I'm hoping that they're lenient on util, which I haven't seen yet. It seems everyone who has been approved has had really low util. And one person said they needed to recon because of over 20% util on their CR. My util will be at around 22-25% after my CR updates this next week, so I am thinking about apping then. But if util is an issue, mine may be too high for them.

I really think they are fairly lenient on util.  I'm pretty sure that poster said the topic came up on the verification call.  I would be surprised if 25% is too high for them.

Community Leader
Super Contributor

12njoy wrote:

EQ pulled 665

AAoA 3.4 years

Util 5%

Reconn'd - same reason

Wow, sorry.  Thanks for sharing this, it's going to help a lot of people who may be thinking about app'ing for it.  How old are the charge-offs?  

Epic Contributor

12njoy wrote:

EQ pulled 665

AAoA 3.4 years

Util 5%

Reconn'd - same reason

THANK YOU... now I don't need to apply because you have some VERY nice cards and they still didn't like you!

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Established Contributor

12njoy wrote:

EQ pulled 665

AAoA 3.4 years

Util 5%

Reconn'd - same reason

Sorry to see that you got denied.  A bit surprised to see that with the other cards you have.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.