cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duck card closed, how the H do I pay them?

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Duck card closed, how the H do I pay them?

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Here is the complaint I made, I know it might of been a little extreme, but this is BS what they are doing to people.

Complaint Description:
Continuously lied, froze my card, then closed it, left with no way to pay them. About a month ago I opened a credit card account through OCCU, called the "duck card". I went to use my card after activating it, and it said it was declined. I called the 1-800 number on the back of my card, and told my card may of been used in fraudulent activity. I found that very hard to believe due to the fact I just got the card in the mail not two hours before I tried using it. It never left my possession from the time it took to get the mail,to ringing up a few things at a store. I was told it would only take 1-2 days for them to have it fixed. This turned into over a week, I was lied to, blatantly, many times by customer service as to how long this would take to be fixed. In the mean time. I did a internet search and found out I was not alone in this mess. The most abhorrent thing about this ordeal was the fact I was not notified prior to my card being shut off. Everything on their phone system said it was A-OK to use. What if I had traveled somewhere and broke down and needed to use this card in an emergency? Taking away the ability to use money in an emergency situation is a very foul move by a financial institution. I felt I was lied to. Due to the fact that many other people was told the same story. Thing is, the company never ONCE mentioned a breach, nor did they offer sending out a new card. If my card number was stolen, then they would need to issue a new card, however no one got new cards, just the restoration of the card being usable again. When I brought this to the attention of OCCU's Facebook page, instead of reaching out to me, the delete the post. That right there alerted me their customer service was shady. But this was nothing as to what happened next. I went to log in to my account today, and notice all of my info was gone, the only thing left was my transaction summary. My credit limit, balance, etc was all gone, ALONG with the ability to pay my bill. When I went to call in, they said my card was closed "due to bank policy". No reason was given. Guess what? When I went to do an internet search, I was not alone in this matter either. Same thing applies, had I needed this card in an emergency, I would be out of luck. They never notified me prior to closing my account. I ask that anyone who reads this complaint to use their own judgement in doing business with this company, after the pain they made many of their customers experience. I hope this company is thoroughly investigated by the Federal Trade Commission, the NCUA, VISA, and any other financial regulation industry for anything they did to customers. 

Your Desired Resolution:
I need the ability to make a payment online restored. In no way am I sending a payment by mail. I was a victim of identity theft many years ago due to mailing a payment into a company. I would like to have my account restored, if not, I would like a formal apology on company letter head signed by a member of management, apologizing for their customer service personal lying to me, numerous times, of when my card would be usable. I've have dealt with many utility companies, credit card companies, and banks over the past 15 years. The amount of dissatisfaction I've had the displeasure of experiencing with this company is beyond conceivable. 

Making a statement that is not true isnt a good idea when you are trying to get a problem resolved, OCCU knows how old you are as does anyone else who pulls your CRs.

Message 11 of 29
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Yea looks like FMC was in middle school when he started paying bills. I wish he posted this monstrosity of a thread over @ CB. 

Message 12 of 29
enharu
Super Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

No, it was a $500 limit. I'm turning them into the BBB.

This is nuts. They never called me to tell me, what if I was traveling somewhere and needed to use this in an emergency? I know there is a clause in the mile long T&A that says they can close your account for any reason, but it would nice if they would notify you AHEAD OF TIME.

This company need to be sued for their outlandish behavior. I've had better customer service from shoddy collection agencies. 

the BBB isn't going to fix anything for you.

Credit card companies will rarely ever call customers ahead of time to inform them that their accounts are being closed. What's to prevent the customer from racking up some last minute charges out of spite? People, like you, get pissed off when banks take adverse action against them. You could very well max out your card and refuse to pay them if you knew ahead of time that they were going to take AA against you.

You can try taking them to court, but you won't have much of a case. You agreed to the T&C when you applied for the card. If you had any objections to the clauses in the contract, then don't agree to the contract. Simple as that. 

From what I can remember, you have numerous derogs on your CR. That alone is an indicator of you being a risky customer. On top of that, to make things worse, you went on an extended account opening spree simply because you were just too impatient to wait. When any of the lenders SP your file for periodical review and notice all those new accounts and inquiries, they will be more likely to take AA against you. Regardless of whatever reason that resulted in OCCU closing your account, a manual review will show that you are an extremely risky customer. That reason alone will validate why your account is closed, and also pretty much makes your BBB complaint moot. 

You can always make your payment online using your bank's website, or there are also other billpay services you can use. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

No, it was a $500 limit. I'm turning them into the BBB.

This is nuts. They never called me to tell me, what if I was traveling somewhere and needed to use this in an emergency? I know there is a clause in the mile long T&A that says they can close your account for any reason, but it would nice if they would notify you AHEAD OF TIME.

This company need to be sued for their outlandish behavior. I've had better customer service from shoddy collection agencies. 

the BBB isn't going to fix anything for you.

Credit card companies will rarely ever call customers ahead of time to inform them that their accounts are being closed. What's to prevent the customer from racking up some last minute charges out of spite? People, like you, get pissed off when banks take adverse action against them. You could very well max out your card and refuse to pay them if you knew ahead of time that they were going to take AA against you.

You can try taking them to court, but you won't have much of a case. You agreed to the T&C when you applied for the card. If you had any objections to the clauses in the contract, then don't agree to the contract. Simple as that. 

From what I can remember, you have numerous derogs on your CR. That alone is an indicator of you being a risky customer. On top of that, to make things worse, you went on an extended account opening spree simply because you were just too impatient to wait. When any of the lenders SP your file for periodical review and notice all those new accounts and inquiries, they will be more likely to take AA against you. Regardless of whatever reason that resulted in OCCU closing your account, a manual review will show that you are an extremely risky customer. That reason alone will validate why your account is closed, and also pretty much makes your BBB complaint moot. 

You can always make your payment online using your bank's website, or there are also other billpay services you can use. 

well really if i remember correctly from OP's posts last month I thought this account had been frozen but at some point became unfrozen because the next post I saw was op was over the limit on the card, so I don't think they got stranded anywhere when this account was shut down because last i saw it was already over limit.

no offense op i can't keep myself in the garden and im no peach when i feel wronged by a bank or get AA that I don't feel is justified but if you put all your duck card posts in a row you were on thin ice before you got the card.

Message 14 of 29
enharu
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

well really if i remember correctly from OP's posts last month I thought this account had been frozen but at some point became unfrozen because the next post I saw was op was over the limit on the card, so I don't think they got stranded anywhere when this account was shut down because last i saw it was already over limit.

no offense op i can't keep myself in the garden and im no peach when i feel wronged by a bank or get AA that I don't feel is justified but if you put all your duck card posts in a row you were on thin ice before you got the card.

I didn't read the posts about his accounts being frozen / unfrozen, so I am not sure on what happened with regards to that. I don't have any OCCU accounts myself as well. 

However even if the accounts were closed due to something going on OCCU's end, it is unlikely they will reopen the account for him since they most likely will have to manually review his CR again before reopening the account. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 29
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Smiley Surprised WOW!!! This entire saga is just bananas. Maybe there will be instructions in the official letter they are sending out on how to pay. And I would demand the TL AND inquiry removed. They are the biggest joke I have ever seen! Geez!

+1...I agree...I'm so glad I didn't app to this card. I was going to, but thankfully I was locked up in the garden...lol! I dodged a bullet with these jokers. They seemed so awesome at first, too.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 16 of 29
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Upset because they closed a CC with a $500 credit limit?  Does not seem like much to be upset about

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 17 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@weehoo wrote:

Upset because they closed a CC with a $500 credit limit?  Does not seem like much to be upset about

Everyone has to start somewhere 

So don't knock others 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 29
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@weehoo wrote:

He mentioned it was his first unsecured CC so I can see where it would be a major loss for him. I can also see where any one might be upset by how this situation has been handled thus far.

However, I can see the other side of this, based on other posts from the OP about this card and other situations were it does seem rather inevitable that this might happen to him and some others.

Credit rebuilding is a long, difficult process, and for many it is harder and harder to be patient, because society has become addicted to instant gratification and in general, this is not specific to the OP but really in general, there is much less personal accountability with people. Things are not like they used to be in many respects.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 19 of 29
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Myjourney - This was more in regards to the rant on the BBB

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.