cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duck card closed, how the H do I pay them?

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Duck card closed, how the H do I pay them?

Understood but a card can mean so much more to some 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 29
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

They are also closing cards with 15 & 20K limits

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 22 of 29
jumpinjax
New Contributor

I had this card, never used, opened in December. I called Customer Service and they stated the same that it was closed due to bank policy. The csr also stated that a letter was sent out today detailing the reasons and what would happen to the inquiry placed on cr. I'll await the letter for full explanation.
Message 23 of 29
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Thank you for making this thread, becuase of your issues I looked up my account and luckily everything is still there. Still frozen though but it reminded me to follow up on it in the morning.

I would also take it easy on the CSRs, there isn't any evidence that they "blatantly" lied to you, they might of just been relaying information given to you by their bosses, you mentioned the fact others have been told the same via your internet seach proves they are lying; i think it's the opposite. They are telling everything pretty much the same thing with little varience, even if it was wrong I believe it shows they didn't lie to you on purpose. 

I can understand someone being angry about a card being suddenly shut down but your whole "if i was in an emergency and cant use the card" really holds no weight. No one should ever be putting all their faith in any one card working at any given time. (My opinion)

Message 24 of 29
sdwalt
Regular Contributor

First time I ever felt good that I was declined for a card.

Message 25 of 29
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

I logged into the Duck Card website tonight and noticed that I can only see the "Review Transactions" section. I had been able to see the "Correspondence" and "Pay My Bill" sections recently. Does this mean my account was also closed? Luckily, I had a $0 balance, but it does not make it okay for them to close these accounts. If they didn't have the funds to back up these loans, they should have never issued them. I used the card and PIF'd. I have pretty decent credit too. What gives?
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 26 of 29
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@jumpinjax wrote:
I had this card, never used, opened in December. I called Customer Service and they stated the same that it was closed due to bank policy. The csr also stated that a letter was sent out today detailing the reasons and what would happen to the inquiry placed on cr. I'll await the letter for full explanation.

Not a cardmember but still following this nightmare story and wonder if we will ever find out what the true cause is Smiley Surprised.... I feel sorry for all the cardholders and hope I will not miss the result  if ever the real cause is revealed.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I am not a card member. Read many Duck postings and wondered how people were getting approved with the impressive CLs. Scared me away.
Message 28 of 29
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@MACFRME wrote:
I logged into the Duck Card website tonight and noticed that I can only see the "Review Transactions" section. I had been able to see the "Correspondence" and "Pay My Bill" sections recently. Does this mean my account was also closed? Luckily, I had a $0 balance, but it does not make it okay for them to close these accounts. If they didn't have the funds to back up these loans, they should have never issued them. I used the card and PIF'd. I have pretty decent credit too. What gives?

Sorry, you got closed out.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.