Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duck card's cousin: THE BEAVER

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Duck card's cousin: THE BEAVER

What about The Beaver Card? Are people having same success with getting this as they are with The Duck Card?!?!?

Beaver.JPG

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

Re: Duck card's cousin: THE BEAVER

Yea I saw that card too and was wondering the same. I don't have either card and haven't see any post for anyone applying/denied/approved either.

Message 2 of 20
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I saw one poster who went for it and got it, but so far that's the only one I've seen...

Message 3 of 20
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@lhcole77 wrote:

I saw one poster who went for it and got it, but so far that's the only one I've seen...

Yeah I've only seen 1 as well.  Since it's OCCU, I would guess their approval criteria is the same?  I was playing around with their credit card evaluation page and it seems they offer cards to people with "average" credit.  I see they have a Nice card too haha

Message 4 of 20
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

Yeah I've only seen 1 as well.  Since it's OCCU, I would guess their approval criteria is the same?  I was playing around with their credit card evaluation page and it seems they offer cards to people with "average" credit.  I see they have a Nice card too haha

Careful with this one, I think you have to be a member of the CU for this one..

Message 5 of 20
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Yeah, I was messing around with that too.  It seems like whatever credit rating you put in they offer the same cards just with different interest rates.  I thought I saw fair credit in the list as well.

Message 6 of 20
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

It looks like the university of Oregon and Oregon St. are the same card. So you don't have to be a member of the CU to get one of these cards?

I actually do part time work for a company in one of the 10 counties listed as open to membership.

Would opening a savings account, or just joining the CU before apping for the duck or beaver be beneficial?

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 20
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

You do not have to be a member for the Duck or Beaver cards.  I think thats what makes them appealing.

Message 8 of 20
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@VegasKyle wrote:
It looks like the university of Oregon and Oregon St. are the same card. So you don't have to be a member of the CU to get one of these cards?

I actually do part time work for a company in one of the 10 counties listed as open to membership.

Would opening a savings account, or just joining the CU before apping for the duck or beaver be beneficial?

Only if you want a Nice card haha.  Duck and Beaver cards don't require membership.

Message 9 of 20
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I just think it's so funny that we're all talking about duck and beaver cards....LOL

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.