Did you mean: 

Duck card shot down

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Duck card shot down

@ BarryNTexas

Occu is a Equifax puller.

Not read them pulling any other CRA yet.
Message 11 of 18
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

They pulled EQ on me; there's a lot of old crap in there and not a complete picture.  I have some AU accounts that they refuse to  list; says my file is too large

Message 12 of 18
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Thanks for the update.  Good to know they use EQ.  -Barry

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 13 of 18
ayles
Established Contributor

I went through a similar experience a few weeks ago; I have a bk on my account from 4 years ago due to my abusive ex marriage etc.  I talked to someone after my initial denial and explained the situation and how I have had no credit issues since and she said she'd send it for review and call me back and she called me the next day and I was approved for $500.  YEMV but I just thought I'd share.  Although the first time I used the card, it was declined, like others who have shared in the thread about the potential compromise etc. 

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 14 of 18
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
@ BarryNTexas

Occu is a Equifax puller.

Not read them pulling any other CRA yet.

Sorry to hear that OP but same here, I haven't heard OCCU pulls anything other than EQ.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 15 of 18
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

The Duck Card rep called back today.....still said no.  I was denied for 30 day late in the past year, other 30 day lates 3 yrs ago and too many inquiries with new accounts..  She told me to try again in 3 mos.......I've been rebuilding and learning but I just don't see what's going to change.  The lates are still going to be there, the inquiries and new accounts.  I think she was just being nice .....but unless someone can help me understand why reapplying in 3 mos would have a different outcome, I'm not gonna waste my time an another inquiry. 

Message 16 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Save your remaining inquiries. They stick like glue on derogs so that's that unfortunately.

On a more positive note and hopefully encouraging to you, it's a fact posted all over this board that there are other lenders who are known to offer victory from the jaws of a defeat just like yours.

I'll pull back for more informed and experienced members who can offer you direction and perhaps an alternative to maybe lead you to an acceptable outcome after this.

Best of Luck
Message 17 of 18
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

thankx CreditMagic.....that's my thoughts.  I have some decent lines including Chase Sapphire, Chase Freedom,  Chase Slate, and Discover It cards along with others.  I thought once I got a card with a CL of 5K things would pick up and approvals would come easier,  guess that's not always the case. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.