Super Contributor
DI

Due Dates and Statements' Leeway Time...Too Long

I am wanting my statements to cut one day after the due date.   The famous 3-7 days leeway time is too long.  For example, I prefer the due date be on 11/2 and the statement to cut 11/3, and NOT 11/10.

With the statement being cut on 11/3 and balance reported to the CRA's on 11/3, I can immediately start playing with the cards again knowing the balance won't be reported.

Frequent Contributor
illtakecreditforthat

Re: Due Dates and Statements' Leeway Time...Too Long

[ Edited ]

DI wrote:

I am wanting my statements to cut one day after the due date.   The famous 3-7 days leeway time is too long.  For example, I prefer the due date be on 11/2 and the statement to cut 11/3, and NOT 11/10.

With the statement being cut on 11/3 and balance reported to the CRA's on 11/3, I can immediately start playing with the cards again knowing the balance won't be reported.

In many instances, the lag time between due date and statement date is beneficial for the cardholder.  For instance, many credit card companies do not immediately post payments made online (i.e. Cap On, GEMB, and HSBC).  They normally post 1-3 days later; however, they back date posting to date paid.  If there was no lag time, payments made by the due date will not report on new statements.  Thus your CR would still reflect a higher balance.

Message Edited by illtakecreditforthat on 11-03-2009 08:20 AM
I want PATIENCE...and I want it NOW

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}