Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump Household Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dump Household Bank

Got the dead end card a year ago with a $1K limit,12.9 APR and AF $39 hardly never use the card.  I called in for a CLI and was told no so I asked to have AF waived and was told cant do that so I asked to at least cut fee in half. The idiot said he checked and cant waive fee so I told him to close the account and remove the entire charge.

He's going to tell me the fee is to help maintain the card and all that crap.. well, please. Household is a dead end card and that's that. I wish I had gotten it for 2 yrs but so what.. I refuse to pay annual fees especially for a dead end card when I can do better.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Re: Dump Household Bank

Jahmal you should have told them that they can now give you back the 39 because they no longer have to maintain your card because I want this thing closed NOW.   And if that doesn't work tell them, "You dont want me to go get my boy My2!"

My2cents

700 Club Member
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I wanted was to at least cut the fee in half but the fool on the phone said he couldn't do anything. I wasn't pushing it at all because  I know I was never going to use the card again.  Right now I'm left with Amex Delta, BoA Amex, Walmart, Hooters and Bestbuy with a total balace of around $500 and CL of around $15k. Oh Shoot, I just realize I have no Visa credit cards. Oh well, gonna apply for my CU Visa right now.
Message 3 of 4
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got the dead end card a year ago with a $1K limit,12.9 APR and AF $39 hardly never use the card.  I called in for a CLI and was told no so I asked to have AF waived and was told cant do that so I asked to at least cut fee in half. The idiot said he checked and cant waive fee so I told him to close the account and remove the entire charge.

He's going to tell me the fee is to help maintain the card and all that crap.. well, please. Household is a dead end card and that's that. I wish I had gotten it for 2 yrs but so what.. I refuse to pay annual fees especially for a dead end card when I can do better.

Tell them unless they remove the AF, you are going to close the account since the CL is not worth it and the account is not growing with you. Maybe they will, maybe they will offer you a different product but ultimately I would say either way unless they play ball, dump them. They are not worth keeping, unless you have no other better credit. I think I remember you do, so this will be a better move to dump them.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.