Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Duncanrr THANK YOU FOR BEING A CARDMEMBER SINCE 1993

I called CRS at AMEX and told them I had an AMEX Green card back in 1993.  She said she would take care of this and when I logged into AMEX website today my member since date was changed to 1993!  Does this mean that when it reports it will backdate to this date?



Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: Duncanrr THANK YOU FOR BEING A CARDMEMBER SINCE 1993

[ Edited ]

It should.  That will be great for your AAoA, and may give your score a nice boost. :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Contributor
Posts: 150
Registered: ‎08-24-2012
0

Re: Duncanrr THANK YOU FOR BEING A CARDMEMBER SINCE 1993


Duncanrr wrote:

I called CRS at AMEX and told them I had an AMEX Green card back in 1993.  She said she would take care of this and when I logged into AMEX website today my member since date was changed to 1993!  Does this mean that when it reports it will backdate to this date?


Wait? in between now and 1993, did you have an AMEX card?

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Duncanrr THANK YOU FOR BEING A CARDMEMBER SINCE 1993


TNTransplant wrote:

It should.  That will be great for your AAoA, and may give your score a nice boost. :smileyhappy:


Actually it keeps me from taking a nose dive in AAoA.  My AAoA before I opened the 4 new accounts was 10.1 years.  However, my credit cards AAoA was horrible but now may be good.  Before I had new AMEX product I called to see if they could find old card and no luck.  I get new cards and they can suddenly find them :smileysurprised:



Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Duncanrr THANK YOU FOR BEING A CARDMEMBER SINCE 1993


firesoul453 wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:

I called CRS at AMEX and told them I had an AMEX Green card back in 1993.  She said she would take care of this and when I logged into AMEX website today my member since date was changed to 1993!  Does this mean that when it reports it will backdate to this date?


Wait? in between now and 1993, did you have an AMEX card?


Nope...one of the reasons I wanted to get back in with AMEX.  I screwed this card up when I was in college.  It was a tremendous milestone for me to get back in with AMEX.  The backdating is one hell of a perk!



Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Posts: 116
Registered: ‎12-29-2008
0

Re: Duncanrr THANK YOU FOR BEING A CARDMEMBER SINCE 1993

This is interesting because on my card it says since 12' 

 

but when i sign in it says 2005 online (i was a AU on my dads card around this time period)

 

i was wondering which one would report as well.

2/2011=EQ: 590
11/2012=EQ: 683 (after 4 card app spree and reporting)
10/2013=EQ: 708 (reached my goal!! for 2013) EX(amex): 668 TU(Disc):680
Goal = 725 by 6/2014
Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/15k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Best Buy/800 | Discover IT/6.4K | Citi HHonors Reserve/3K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preffered/9K
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Duncanrr THANK YOU FOR BEING A CARDMEMBER SINCE 1993

I was told my card would say 2012 as it was already mailed but she also put in request to get me a new card with correct date.  She said I could use card with 2012 date until the new one arrives in a couple of weeks.



Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: Duncanrr THANK YOU FOR BEING A CARDMEMBER SINCE 1993

[ Edited ]

Pworld wrote:

This is interesting because on my card it says since 12' 

 

but when i sign in it says 2005 online (i was a AU on my dads card around this time period)

 

i was wondering which one would report as well.


The 2005 date from the AU card (reflected in your online account) is the date that reports.  I got two new cards from them this year with "Member since 2012," but both cards are reporting as opened in 2006 (backdated to my first card with them).  Congrats on your backdate! :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: Duncanrr THANK YOU FOR BEING A CARDMEMBER SINCE 1993


Duncanrr wrote:

I was told my card would say 2012 as it was already mailed but she also put in request to get me a new card with correct date.  She said I could use card with 2012 date until the new one arrives in a couple of weeks.


Yeah, both of mine say 2012, but I didn't bother with getting new cards.  I was just happy I got the backdating to 2006 on my credit reports.


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.