Regular Contributor
HeidiBoo

Duplicate Am Ex accounts w/ different customer account #'s

Help!  I've been on the phone numerous times with American Express - and still no solution.  I have five Am Ex accounts (no nasty comments, please) - back in February, they started to double report each account - the only difference being the Account # (Am Ex calls it a customer # as it does not relate to the card #).  I called Am Ex, who was aware of the issue and they assured me that the CB's were deleting the duplicates.  Well, that's been several months ago, and all 3 CB's show a total of 10 accounts!

I called Am Ex this morning and they told me not to dispute the dups, but they would fall off automatically.  I find this hard to believe! 

Can someone please tell me if they have had the same issue?  If so, was it resolved and how???

Thanks to all!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Duplicate Am Ex accounts w/ different customer account #'s

My DW had 2 AMEX dups (She is an AU) they were only there for about 3 weeks before they were fixed.

I did nothing to fix it-

Amex Credit reporting phone #
Must have FULL report from CRA in front of you-
800-874-2717

HeidiBoo wrote:
Help!  I've been on the phone numerous times with American Express - and still no solution.  I have five Am Ex accounts (no nasty comments, please) - back in February, they started to double report each account - the only difference being the Account # (Am Ex calls it a customer # as it does not relate to the card #).  I called Am Ex, who was aware of the issue and they assured me that the CB's were deleting the duplicates.  Well, that's been several months ago, and all 3 CB's show a total of 10 accounts!

I called Am Ex this morning and they told me not to dispute the dups, but they would fall off automatically.  I find this hard to believe! 

Can someone please tell me if they have had the same issue?  If so, was it resolved and how???

Thanks to all!!!

Regular Contributor
HeidiBoo

**BUMP**

Please help!
Moderator Emeritus
fused

I wish I could help, but I haven't been able to resolve the same problem you are having with Amex accounts. I have two Amex Gold card accounts reporting even though I have only one account. It's been a real source of irritation for me.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}