Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Am Ex accounts w/ different customer account #'s

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate Am Ex accounts w/ different customer account #'s

Help!  I've been on the phone numerous times with American Express - and still no solution.  I have five Am Ex accounts (no nasty comments, please) - back in February, they started to double report each account - the only difference being the Account # (Am Ex calls it a customer # as it does not relate to the card #).  I called Am Ex, who was aware of the issue and they assured me that the CB's were deleting the duplicates.  Well, that's been several months ago, and all 3 CB's show a total of 10 accounts!

I called Am Ex this morning and they told me not to dispute the dups, but they would fall off automatically.  I find this hard to believe! 

Can someone please tell me if they have had the same issue?  If so, was it resolved and how???

Thanks to all!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate Am Ex accounts w/ different customer account #'s

My DW had 2 AMEX dups (She is an AU) they were only there for about 3 weeks before they were fixed.

I did nothing to fix it-

Amex Credit reporting phone #
Must have FULL report from CRA in front of you-
800-874-2717

HeidiBoo wrote:
Help!  I've been on the phone numerous times with American Express - and still no solution.  I have five Am Ex accounts (no nasty comments, please) - back in February, they started to double report each account - the only difference being the Account # (Am Ex calls it a customer # as it does not relate to the card #).  I called Am Ex, who was aware of the issue and they assured me that the CB's were deleting the duplicates.  Well, that's been several months ago, and all 3 CB's show a total of 10 accounts!

I called Am Ex this morning and they told me not to dispute the dups, but they would fall off automatically.  I find this hard to believe! 

Can someone please tell me if they have had the same issue?  If so, was it resolved and how???

Thanks to all!!!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

**BUMP**

Please help!
Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I wish I could help, but I haven't been able to resolve the same problem you are having with Amex accounts. I have two Amex Gold card accounts reporting even though I have only one account. It's been a real source of irritation for me.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.