Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate TLs after CLI

tag
tpatterson2k9
Regular Contributor

Duplicate TLs after CLI

On all three of my CRs, I have three TLs for the exact same account but with a different limit reported on each.  The limits for these duplicate accounts (my CU Visa Gold CC) correspond to the auto CLIs I have received over the years on this card.  It seems then that my CU is weird and reports a new TL each time they give me a CLI on the CC I have with them.  I have never asked for a CLI myself because they do a hard inquiry, and I only remember receiving two auto CLIs from them, which corresponds with the two duplicated accounts.  Has anyone else had experience with this before?

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: Duplicate TLs after CLI

I had the same thing happen years ago, probably back in the mid 80's with JC Penney.  I called their credit dept, and they took care of it immediately.  I would call them and explain what has occurred on your reports, or take them inside the bank to the loan officer.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do new duplicate TLs backdating to the time you opened the actual one?

Message 3 of 5
tpatterson2k9
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do new duplicate TLs backdating to the time you opened the actual one?

I didn't think to check this before, but yes they do all show the same opening date of 11/2005.  Even though they are duplicates, I haven't disputed them because they add 7 months to my AAoA.  The EQ CR I pulled from myFICO lists my oldest account age as 6 years and my AAoA as 3 years, so 7 months is quite a lot in my case.  I wonder if I asked my CU for a CLI and was approved, would it show a new duplicate TL with the CLI dating back to 11/2005?  Hmm...

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Can I join your CU? Smiley Tongue

ETA...on second thought if they are generous on CLIs, that would push me closer to that annoying red flag for number of accounts reporting.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.