Duplicate application??

tag
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Duplicate application??

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

How did Amex think it was the same card when it wasn't?

Call them and ask, maybe they can fix it.

Would that be the best thing to do? I feel like they meant to flat out deny me, instead they must of made the mistake of canceling the application. If it was denied, wouldn't it said denied?

if they meant to deny you, they'd probably have done so. Based on the comments, it looks like they thought you were applying for the same card twice. Perhaps they put those two cards in the same category because of the rewards on them. I don't know. If you want to be sure, call them and ask. Then you'll know exactly why they did what they did. We can speculate and you can fret, but none of that will give you the answer that the actual company denying/canceling credit can.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 11 of 30
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

How did Amex think it was the same card when it wasn't?

Call them and ask, maybe they can fix it.

Would that be the best thing to do? I feel like they meant to flat out deny me, instead they must of made the mistake of canceling the application. If it was denied, wouldn't it said denied?

if they meant to deny you, they'd probably have done so. Based on the comments, it looks like they thought you were applying for the same card twice. Perhaps they put those two cards in the same category because of the rewards on them. I don't know. If you want to be sure, call them and ask. Then you'll know exactly why they did what they did. We can speculate and you can fret, but none of that will give you the answer that the actual company denying/canceling credit can.

I thought it was a mistake so I tried reapplying, same thing. I'm done now. I think I should have some eggs in my garden. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 30
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Sigh. I don't understand why you just won't call, or even use their online chat feature as I assume they have one.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 13 of 30
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I'm going to now.. I don't know, I'm a little uneasy

Message 14 of 30
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I sent them a message online. Sorry just feel uneasy.

Message 15 of 30
Stralem
Established Contributor

You do realize that YOU are the customer, right? If you have a problem with the service Amex is providing (in this case, a possible error with their application system), you have both the right and the priviledge to make your grievances known. No need to be so... timid, y'know?

Bitch their ears off if you feel like it! Well... Nicely, of course.

Some claptrap about catching more ants with honey than vinegar, or something. Blah.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 16 of 30
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

You do realize that YOU are the customer, right? If you have a problem with the service Amex is providing (in this case, a possible error with their application system), you have both the right and the priviledge to make your grievances known. No need to be so... timid, y'know?

Bitch their ears off if you feel like it! Well... Nicely, of course.

Some claptrap about catching more ants with honey than vinegar, or something. Blah.

I called the new accounts number, the guy resent in it and said I'd get an answer in 3-5 days.. I'd prefer sooner. The status is in progress. 

Message 17 of 30
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 30
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Good luck Smiley Happy

I'm like nervous that they will hate me for all the inquiries I have and I'm nervous that this will be a long process..

Message 19 of 30
BootStraps
Established Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Good luck Smiley Happy

I'm like nervous that they will hate me for all the inquiries I have and I'm nervous that this will be a long process..

Remember that because you are the customer, you are in control. If the process is to long for your liking you can always refuse to continue it.

If they annoy you enough just tell them:

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.