cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dusted off the old AARP card. Bummed it's only 3%.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dusted off the old AARP card. Bummed it's only 3%.

@woodyman100 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I dont need this card....I dont need this card...wooosaaaahhh 😏

YES Heavenly we need this card. It'll just have to wait awhile. Right? Smiley Wink

Not that I want to contribute to 'tempting' anybody by discussing this even further Smiley Surprised, but do any of you know right off how generous Chase is said to be with the credit limits on the AARP? (Relative to, for example, a Freedom)

They threw 10k at me last week when I thought I wouldn't get anything

Dangit! This is what I didn't need to see lol Thanks a lot woodyman. I tell you some people...sheesh Smiley Tongue

Message 31 of 34
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

YES Heavenly we need this card. It'll just have to wait awhile. Right? Smiley Wink

Not that I want to contribute to 'tempting' anybody by discussing this even further Smiley Surprised, but do any of you know right off how generous Chase is said to be with the credit limits on the AARP? (Relative to, for example, a Freedom)

This is an old data point, but back in November I applied for the Freedom and AARP cards on the same day. They were both instantly approved for $7k. So in that case, they were equally generous with those two cards. Chase has subesquently gotten more and more generous with each approval, so it might depend on if you have any other Chase cards.

Your limits with other cards might come into play too. I doubt they'd give you a limit that is radically smaller than your existing cards.

Thanks for your advice; it's interesting in your case the co-branded card was assigned the same SL as the Freedom;  I guess when it comes time for me to make the choice it will come down to strictly which rewards I feel will work out the best.  My current CL for both my Visa cards is $7K which I keep PIF, so I would hope when the time comes Chase will at least offer me $5K (although I would likely never need that much for actual spending).

Thanks again!

Message 32 of 34
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dangit! This is what I didn't need to see lol Thanks a lot woodyman. I tell you some people...sheesh Smiley Tongue

Glad I could be of help Smiley Wink

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 33 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Glad I could be of help Smiley Wink

I'm not caving for this Smiley Tongue If I waste an EQ inq with Chase it'll be for Ink Cash and not even bc I need it anymore. bc I'm still salty that they wouldnt approve me back in January and gave me the runaround! Its a matter of principle lol

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.