cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dusted off the old AARP card. Bummed it's only 3%.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dusted off the old AARP card. Bummed it's only 3%.

Is anyone else slightly depressed they have to use the AARP card for dining as of yesterday? 5% back with the Freedom and 5% back on the Discover for the past 3 months was great. I even had 10% on Discover for the last 27 days of June with the double cash back promotion. But now? I'm back to the sad old 3%. Looks like I'll be doing more grocery shopping. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Re: Dusted off the old AARP card. Bummed.

Smiley Wink

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 2 of 34
baller4life
Super Contributor

Well at least you have AARP at 3% or you'd have to use Citi DC at only 2%. I'm looking forward to getting AARP next year!
Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'll take 3% over 2% *waving her aarp card in front of baller* Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 34
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awwww now you know that ain't right! LOL

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Awwww now you know that ain't right! LOL

Lol that's cold, RedMini. 

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't complain. I sure would love to have a 5% restaurant card though. It's too bad US Bank was too generous early on and had to nerf the Cash+ completely before I could get it.

Message 6 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Such first world problems, oh no, you only get 3% back! Lol

The AARP luckily has not been nerfed yet. I have thought about it, because I do dine a lot but I don't want another card to manage just for dining, even though the return is double that of my Quicksilver.

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Such first world problems, oh no, you only get 3% back! Lol

The AARP luckily has not been nerfed yet. I have thought about it, because I do dine a lot but I don't want another card to manage just for dining, even though the return is double that of my Quicksilver.

Totally first world. In my defense though I did say I'm only *slightly* depressed. I'll probably be over it by the middle of next week. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 34
Callandra
Valued Contributor

From the thread title, I thought this thread would be about Chase closing your AARP from non-use. Smiley LOL

I kind of wish I had AARP instead of Freedom..would love 3% back year long on take-out..

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 9 of 34
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Dusted off the old AARP card. Bummed it's only 3%.

Let's hope it doesn't get nerfed. It's the best thing smoking for restaurants and fast food joints.
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.