Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay MasterCard

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

EBay MasterCard

Anybody have the eBay MasterCard? http://www.mastercard.ebay.com/?channel=0&promo=154

Looks like they have pretty good rewards. 

http://sgweimroln.com/ebay-reward-terms.htm

• 3x points/$1 spent on
      Gas & Restaurant Purchases
  • 2x points/$1 spent on
      eBay & PayPal Purchases
  • 1x points/$1 spent on
      all other MasterCard Purchases

Plus, they're GEMB,so good with CLIs. Geez, this is addictive! It's so cool to know that I actually could get this card! Id love to know what others who have it think about it.

Edited for autocorrect! 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EBay MasterCard

I don't think its a bad deal; definately a better deal than paypal mastercard or bill me later.
I still like my chase amazon more.

This might be a good option for those who are rebuilding. GE is really stepping up on their major cc offerings.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Anybody have the eBay MasterCard? http://www.mastercard.ebay.com/?channel=0&promo=154

Looks like they have pretty good rewards. 

http://sgweimroln.com/ebay-reward-terms.htm

• 3x points/$1 spent on
      Gas & Restaurant Purchases
  • 2x points/$1 spent on
      eBay & PayPal Purchases
  • 1x points/$1 spent on
      all other MasterCard Purchases

Plus, their GEMB,so good with CLIs. Geez, this is addictive! It's so cool to know that I actually could get this card! Id love to know what others who have it think about it.

Seems to be identical to the PayPal Extras Mastercard, except it says ebay instead of paypal on it, but ebay owns paypal so I think they're just branded differently. Only difference is you can get a counter offer with paypal for paypal smart connect, I don't know if you can get that with ebay card. 

Edit: after some research I found that you're not allowed to have both an ebay and a paypal credit card, which to me, means they are in fact the same exact thing. They are both GECRB, and they have the same rewards structure, only difference is ebay card has that special offer that you posted. 

Message 3 of 25
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hrm, there's not a whole lot of information on the underwriting criteria out there on this card?

Have to admit that's a pretty nice reward package for my current financial life at least.  Restaurants and a non-trivial amount of Paypal transactions.

Edit: nice catch jsucool on it's identical stats as the Paypal Extras MC - likely identical underwriting too.

        
Message 4 of 25
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Yeah,I do like that it'sGEMB. Wish I could pc my ON visa that I don't use. 

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 25
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

In general, I know GE is pretty easy. How are they with the PayPal card? What kind of CLs do they give? I'm liking this card more. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

In general, I know GE is pretty easy. How are they with the PayPal card? What kind of CLs do they give? I'm liking this card more. Smiley Happy

I got the smart connect counteroffer, but there was a thread on the boards here (think it's still on page one) OP had a $5000 limit, and upped to $7000 at the 4 month mark, not sure about their scores. 

Edit: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Paypal-Extra-Master-Card-CLI/td-p/1591872/highlight/fal... There is it 

Message 7 of 25
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

The reward on both eBay and PayPal MC are pathetic. Each points is worth about 0.6 cents.

So you are getting 0.6%, 1.2%, and 1.8% return respectively.

Message 8 of 25
firesoul453
Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

The reward on both eBay and PayPal MC are pathetic. Each points is worth about 0.6 cents.

So you are getting 0.6%, 1.2%, and 1.8% return respectively.

Man I'm glad I was denied for it then! (Got denied for a paypal MC because I already have a paypal line of credit. Kinda dumb in my opinion)

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 9 of 25
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I had a 685 TU fico approved for Paypal MC extras card with a 2k limit, Income of 83k, 10 TU INQ's in the last 2 years, GE almost always pull TU, its my fourth GE card. Card is only a month old so haven't tested the CLI yet, but have heard good things. Have only ran a single purchase on the card, read about the rewards program after APing for the card probably wouldn't of got the card if I knew how bad they were, but oh well have the card, will probably only use it for paypal purchases. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.