Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay MasterCard

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: EBay MasterCard

Put it this way, eBay/PayPal MC are fine if you,

* Need a backup CC that will grow with you.

* Need to lower your overall utilization.

* Pair it up with PayPal debit MC (AFAIK for PayPal CC only)

Don't get them for reward or balance revolving though. Not only with high interest and pathetic reward, reward points expire in 2 years. Chase Amazon can easily beat this card.

Message 11 of 25
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

It was the rewards that sounded so good. I  guess when it comes to redeeming the points, they lose value. I like 3x pts on restaurants. Too bad their pts aren't worth much. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 25
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

It was the rewards that sounded so good. I  guess when it comes to redeeming the points, they lose value. I like 3x pts on restaurants. Too bad their pts aren't worth much. 

Wait till you hear Visa Extras, a reward program operated by Visa. Card that do use this reward program can offer points as high as 10 points per dollar spent. In reality though, each point is worth about 0.02 cents. So at best 0.2% return.

Message 13 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

I don't have EBay Mastercard. I have PayPal Extras Mastercard. I only use to pay EBay auction and stores accepting PayPal. The rewards is not too useful like my other rewards cards. It will give cli every 4 months. By the way, they converted my PayPal Credit into PayPal MC thru invitation.  It doesn't give you cash back.

Ron.

Message 14 of 25
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Wait till you hear Visa Extras, a reward program operated by Visa. Card that do use this reward program can offer points as high as 10 points per dollar spent. In reality though, each point is worth about 0.02 cents. So at best 0.2% return.

that's crazy! Really need to read the fine print for rewards! Smiley Happy

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 15 of 25
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I don't have EBay Mastercard. I have PayPal Extras Mastercard. I only use to pay EBay auction and stores accepting PayPal. The rewards is not too useful like my other rewards cards. It will give cli every 4 months. By the way, they converted my PayPal Credit into PayPal MC thru invitation.  It doesn't give you cash back.

Ron.

they sure make it sound good on the webpage! Too bad their rewards don't have more value. 

Message 16 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

Yes, it does. I have had the card for over 6 years. The card stays inside the envelope.  I never thought to redeem any rewards. I like ON Visa and I found their rewards more useful. It saves money to buy stuff at Gap or Old Navy many times. There are many good rewards card out there like US Bank Cash+, Costco Amex, Chase Amazon, Chase Ink.  Why do you want to get EBay?

Ron.

Message 17 of 25
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

It wasn't even on my radar until I was on eBay yesterday and saw the webpage. 3x pts on restaurants, etc., sounded really good. Plus, I liked that it was with GE since they're good with CLIs. But no, I *really* don't need another cc. And without the great rewards as an incentive, I have no desire for the card now. Thst's what I love about this forum...so many helpful people! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 25
fedxboy
Established Contributor

I have this card with only a 1500 limit opened in May 2012.  So far, I've redeemed points for a $30 dollar BP gas card...lol.

I like the integration with paypal and hopefully, they'll give me big increases faster than my other primes!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 19 of 25
YahComb
Established Contributor

The Paypal/Ebay points are worth more when you redeem higher values, but still it caps
out a little under .9 though iirc.
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.