Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Re: EBay MasterCard

I love my Paypal Platinum MC.
I hate the 23.99% apr.
Started with a $2k limit, then after two months of PIF, auto cli to 4,400. Then after a recent call to underwriting, Im at $7,000.
Personally, this card has been much better than expected. They discount the amount of points to redeem for gift cards. Example:
I got a $25 sbux gift card for ONLY 2970 pts, which means I had to spend $1k at gas/restauraunt places (those categories are 3x pts)!! Only use it for those.
Also... I recieve promo emails all the time... Example: for adding an AU, I got a $20 statement credit AND recently they offered 4x pts on ebay/paypal purchases..
Also, with my recent CLI, they said I could get a $10 statement credit if I make any three purchases.
All in all, even though I do have a balance on this card (only GECRB Ive been carrying a balance on recently), the rewards have canceled out most interest charges...
As I said... Much better than I ever imagined!
Btw, scores at time of apprvl..670'ish.

:-D
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Btw... They do offer cashback, only redeemable with 6,000 or more points as a $50 statement credit I believe.
Aaaand $25 for $1000 of spend is more like 2.5% of a return on spend. Not bad for GECRB. They recently told me to write in for an APR reduction which is weird to me.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Hmmm. You're making it look good again! If I spend $1k on Navy, I get $10 cash back. If I spend it on Amex Costco, I think I get 2%, but only once a year! Chase Freedom, Citi Dividend and Barclays only give 1% or point for restaurants with the cards I have. Maybe this card is worth taking a second look at! Uh oh! :smileysurprised:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

The only con is the high apr, which is canceled out by the random rewards and statement credits!! But I mean... Just pif and don't carry a balance if that's your concern. It's one of the bettee GECRB cards I think. I even got them to waive the cash advance fees one time, and I'm gonna call them to get 'em to credit interest charges back to my account soon. :-) my last CLI was literally so easy... I'm gonna ask for $10k next haha, not that I'd ever use that. Def helps w util too!
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Well, I wouldn't use it to carry a bal. I only have a bal on 0% offers. I want to maximize my rewards, but am concerned about another hit for a new acct. also, I have old navy visa $4k and they refused CLI for some reason like I was already at the max they allowed. I'm not sure that that is accurate. pros and cons for sure. I'd really like 3x pts for restaurants if it's redeemable at the rate you got.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+