cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIT: PC'd!! After 6 weeks. How many months of Cap One Journey before PC??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EDIT: PC'd!! After 6 weeks. How many months of Cap One Journey before PC??

Update: So I am impatient and went ahead and got on chat to see if there were any options for me. I was told I could upgrade my Journey to the Quicksilver! I asked twice with the first rep about NO ANNUAL FEE and was assured this was the regular Quicksilver. I then asked the rep he transferred me to to complete the transfer if there was an annual fee and he confirmed NO ANNUAL FEE! I was hoping this would mean a credit limit increase but that was a no-go. 

***Do you think I will still get my credit steps increase?? ***

I got kicked out of chat when I clicked to do the survey so I don't have a transcript available but it was a very speedy, efficient, and pleasant chat!  I called customer service to verify the upgrade had been made - I was worried as I got booted from chat. I was told it had already been upgraded!

Hooray, Quicksilver!!! 

Just as the title says, I am wondering how many months I should have the Journey before I attempt to PC it to something else. My scores are 50-100 pts higher now than when I applied for Journey.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many months of Cap One Journey before PC??

At least six months. If this is your only card, I would wait 12 months.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many months of Cap One Journey before PC??

@Anonymous wrote:
At least six months. If this is your only card, I would wait 12 months.

I just tried on chat and got upgraded to the Quicksilver! With a SP. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EDIT: PC'd!! After 6 weeks. How many months of Cap One Journey before PC??

And I'd like to add - On cap one prequal site, I am prequal'd only for QS1 and Platinum.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the successful PC! What was your starting limit? I requested a PC yesterday for QS1 to regular QS and was denied Smiley Sad my current limit is $2k.. I don't think it should affect your credit steps either.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the AF permanently waived on my QS1 yesterday and my platinum PC to QS1 with $19 AF (I think waived the first year) and both are still in credit steps.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the successful PC! I too also requested a PC from my Journey to the regular QS (with no annual fee). I was only 2 months in and got approved for the PC. Like you, I was also only pre-approved for the QS1 and plat. Cheers to both of us!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.