Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDP count of transactions towards bonus not working

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EDP count of transactions towards bonus not working

I have a feeling I have a battle coming up here. I called Amex for something else and decided to see what they are showing for last month's statment re: transactions counting towards the bonus. Compentent enough CSR, but when she read me the transactions that she showed counting, there's a gap in time when I posted this thread. The transactions from 4/24-5/6 aren't counting. They're on my statement, but when she read through the list, they're not there. She said they're still being verified to see if they'll count toward the bonus. Huh? ALL the trasnactions I made during a 1-2 week period HAPPENED to not post through/be questioned, or whatever. No...system glitch. Obviously. Now I used the card a couple times in succession at teh same place (pharmacy at grocery store so once for prescriptions and once for groceries, and twice at the vet the same day for different dogs). But if they scrutinize and count each of those pairs of transactions as one, then I should be AT 30. They're missing a full 10 transactions in that period of time. Fingers crossed that I don't have to fight for this. 

However, this is a good thing to solidify my decision to switch EDP to ED and BCE back to BCP, switching back over to cash rewards and will just use the card for groceries, possibly gas, and department stores. Citi DC has gone back to being our 'everything else' card. 

Message 11 of 13
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a feeling I have a battle coming up here. I called Amex for something else and decided to see what they are showing for last month's statment re: transactions counting towards the bonus. Compentent enough CSR, but when she read me the transactions that she showed counting, there's a gap in time when I posted this thread. The transactions from 4/24-5/6 aren't counting. They're on my statement, but when she read through the list, they're not there. She said they're still being verified to see if they'll count toward the bonus. Huh? ALL the trasnactions I made during a 1-2 week period HAPPENED to not post through/be questioned, or whatever. No...system glitch. Obviously. Now I used the card a couple times in succession at teh same place (pharmacy at grocery store so once for prescriptions and once for groceries, and twice at the vet the same day for different dogs). But if they scrutinize and count each of those pairs of transactions as one, then I should be AT 30. They're missing a full 10 transactions in that period of time. Fingers crossed that I don't have to fight for this. 

However, this is a good thing to solidify my decision to switch EDP to ED and BCE back to BCP, switching back over to cash rewards and will just use the card for groceries, possibly gas, and department stores. Citi DC has gone back to being our 'everything else' card. 

I think it's their best card and MR points accumulate rather quickly.  Don't bother trying to keep track it all gets caught up by the statement close date.  If you do use the card for the same day puchase it can get combined into one.  Just daily coffee and gas gets us way over 30 a month.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 12 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

If it gets caught up by the statement date as suggested, I wouldn't put anymore worry into it then you need to.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.