Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPIC Credit Card List

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: EPIC Credit Card List

I have seen people with a 490 get a $300 limit with the best buy mastercard!

I have seen someone in the 543 range get approved with $100 limit.

but i have not seen anyone get declined for it that was pre approved online for it.

cold applying and applying in store is a different story

Message 21 of 34
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Best Buy does not offer the pre approval any longer for the general public. They do have one still available for employee's do not know if that makes a difference or not.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I notice something was said about Neiman Marcus, I think they are by HSBC... Is it true they don't report CL?

Message 23 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I notice something was said about Neiman Marcus, I think they are by HSBC... Is it true they don't report CL?

yes it is HSBC and they did stop reporting CL's but it's also reported as a charge so should not effect you... they don't report the CL's because they will let you go over your CL by 10-15% forget the exact figure and at any given time they might approve charges well over your CL.

I'm sure it had something to do with the fact I was an employee but I had a $300 CL and I once had charged the balance to $2800.... every single purchase had to be called in and approved but they never said no! lol I thought it was funny when my daily cookie purchase had to be called in for approval

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just applied, no candy... Still amazed I got the AMEX Green, but a few random cards I applied for I get denied.

I have had credit for 2 years, but only CapOne. So I am trying to get more accounts, showing and reporting some more good faith for me. With a goal this time next year to finance a Toyota Yaris, with 50% down... I just want something simple that will last 10 years and help my credit. With a goal in 3 years to get a nice condo or house...

So I two am looking for good cards, well I guess good daily card when my score increases.

My wallet now consents of;

CapOne Platinum CL $1,500 (2 years

Chase Amazon CL $500 (Applied a week or two ago)

AMEX Green (Now I charge my rent and all bills to and make two payments, that's the plain) (Applied a week or two ago)

Message 25 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

keep in mind toyota will give you special financing up to tier 3 which is 650 or better credit score.

congrats on the new green, I think the zync would be better rewards though

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would I get approved with just revolving credits? Last time I tried for an auto loan, with a hair bit better credit I needed a consigner (This was 1.5 years ago) at a Chevy dealer... I refuse to get consign or get a consigner unless we was married (Then probably only for the house)... Not that I plain to default on a loan till I am dead, but stuff can happened and don't want to take a love one down with me.

I was told you can't upgrade to AMEX Platinum with ZYNC, had to be green... After reading this site how wrong was I... I really only want the Lounge, the rewards for my daily purchase/bills is a plus. My last job, I did allot of traveling (I miss that job)...

Message 27 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Would I get approved with just revolving credits? Last time I tried for an auto loan, with a hair bit better credit I needed a consigner (This was 1.5 years ago) at a Chevy dealer... I refuse to get consign or get a consigner unless we was married (Then probably only for the house)... Not that I plain to default on a loan till I am dead, but stuff can happened and don't want to take a love one down with me.

I was told you can't upgrade to AMEX Platinum with ZYNC, had to be green... After reading this site how wrong was I... I really only want the Lounge, the rewards for my daily purchase/bills is a plus. My last job, I did allot of traveling (I miss that job)...

You can do product changes with amex within the same category after having a card for a year. I went from green to zync.

and I have pc the credit cards I have with amex like 8 times! each card has different card choices you can pc for.

I wanted to lease the new prius and I had a 623 TU but at the dealer my highest auto enhanced was 568 or something horrible... he said I could not lease but if I wanted to buy it he could get me financed for the $600 range but I was after the $239 lease they had.

I ended up financing a car at carmax through Santander with 17% which I'm trying to refi next month once my new payoffs of credit cards go through.

Toyota and Infiniti/Nissan have had a lot of talk lately over in the auto loan boards about how easy they are to get approvals and special financing

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know, I will see how things change in a year. If I decide to sell my 63 Ford, I may look into a Fusion Sport (High End) if the rebates is good (I have 250 shares in Ford). I have not looked to much into Toyota or Nissan, I just know the Yaris looks like a good cheap basic car.

Would I have a chance at PC with CapOne? I have been in good standing with them for two years, have a bit charged up at the moment (80%). I needed to do some repairs to the old Ford... But would really like to get into the No Hassle Cash with hopes of a CLI and possible interest rate decrease....

Message 29 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know, I will see how things change in a year. If I decide to sell my 63 Ford, I may look into a Fusion Sport (High End) if the rebates is good (I have 250 shares in Ford). I have not looked to much into Toyota or Nissan, I just know the Yaris looks like a good cheap basic car.

Would I have a chance at PC with CapOne? I have been in good standing with them for two years, have a bit charged up at the moment (80%). I needed to do some repairs to the old Ford... But would really like to get into the No Hassle Cash with hopes of a CLI and possible interest rate decrease....

I would start a new thread asking if anyone has had luck with PC with Cap1, I'm not sure they do that or not.... actually I would be curious, my mom keeps talking about closing their cap1 but they have had it for like 15 years... I'm like NO, you can't close!

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.