Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPIC Credit Card List

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EPIC Credit Card List

I will do in the morning, I really should be studying and/or prepare for an interview on Monday.

Message 31 of 34
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Just applied, no candy... Still amazed I got the AMEX Green, but a few random cards I applied for I get denied.

I have had credit for 2 years, but only CapOne. So I am trying to get more accounts, showing and reporting some more good faith for me. With a goal this time next year to finance a Toyota Yaris, with 50% down... I just want something simple that will last 10 years and help my credit. With a goal in 3 years to get a nice condo or house...

So I two am looking for good cards, well I guess good daily card when my score increases.

My wallet now consents of;

CapOne Platinum CL $1,500 (2 years

Chase Amazon CL $500 (Applied a week or two ago)

AMEX Green (Now I charge my rent and all bills to and make two payments, that's the plain) (Applied a week or two ago)

You don't need any additional cards. Just let the ones you already have create a good string of history.

Additional cards won't look more impressive. If you stop with what you have (all of which are perfectly good cards), and treat them right, your scores will steadily rise. You've already found that you're not getting approved for more cards now. That's a sign that if you do get anything, it's apt to be a fairly crappy non-keeper.

Good history comes from maintaining the accounts you have, not from an endless quest to get more. Smiley Happy

These ought to be plenty when you apply for an auto loan. After all, everyone has to start somewhere!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to hear, if I did get another card I just either want lower interest and/or better CL. But if my CapOne did PC to No Cash, perfect. If another store card, it would have to be at a store I shop at (All though I really only shop for clothes twice a year). But I do think my card selection is also good for me at the moment. I just do not want the,"Your credit score is good, but lack of history and only one account reported. Can you get a good consigner?" Like I herd last year, LOL...

But OP good luck on your card search, keep us up to date. As this should help my brother when he gets some of his debts paid back and taken care of.

Message 33 of 34
dytch2220
Regular Contributor

Willllllll doooooooo...

Installment Accounts

Revolving Accounts
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.