Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPIC FAIL Discover iT

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

EPIC FAIL Discover iT

New Card arrived today with 0% for 14 months... The goods of the card end there.

APR after 14 months 18.99% The scale used "based on credit" is 9.99% - 19.99% (I understand doesn't effect us for 14 months but kind of just bugs me to see that knowing the credit report and credit score)

Credit Line is $4500.

EQ Pull From Them = 770

Activation transferred to CSR transferred to Aquisitions transferred to to NOTHING WE CAN DO! Over and over and over again. (STONE WALL) I felt like I was talking to an English speaking GE Rep before you could talk to underwriting!

I know everyone keeps saying $4500 is a good starting limit with Discover and I know we have not seen tons and tons of people getting real high limits, I think actually the $12k or something posted the other day was highest but still witha  770 I just did't imagine it being 1/2 of my lowest limits!  I would have accepted the lower limit WAY better if I could have talked to analyst that says you know you do have really good credit but I will tell you this is what made me feel this way or that way or based on our policies this brought you down a couple points or somtehing... just a no no no we can;t do anything no no no from someone who is not part of underwriting upsets me more.

(Sorry talking as myself and the card is my partners and I'm on it... he doesn't Fico like I do! LOL I post for him Smiley Tongue )

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: EPIC FAIL Discover iT

Perhaps lower starting limits are a sign he should garden for a while.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Done and Done... Now if only The American Express Blue Cash Preferred came today I would care about this Discover Card so much less right now! Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 19
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

What limit did you get for the AMEX BCE?
***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 4 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditseeker93 wrote:
What limit did you get for the AMEX BCE?

I don't know yet and it's killing me BUT I have decided to wait like if it's a "boy or a girl" it's going to be my Baby Daddy or My Big Daddy! Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 19
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

Hahah I could never wait Smiley Happy
***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 6 of 19
boomhower
Valued Contributor

$4500 and a 770? wow.  I got $5000 at a 690 with a couple of collections last year on a regula discover.  Unless income is really low that just doesn't make since.  My income isn't high at all, on the low end.

Message 7 of 19
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

You for sure made a point in my case...Discover got scared about my app spree and it showed in CL... was not even the last card in the series Smiley Happy oh well..I can understand Discover's and Chase's feelings (both received through recon)  and will patiently wait for an auto CLI and if not... then that is how it is..life goes on and  my gardening is sole for CSP !

Message 8 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah I got a $4k limit in Oct 2012 with a 688 EQ FICO.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 19
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

4k here with 731 TU pulled. After intro 15.99 :/
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.