Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ cleared up, and want NFCU recon...

tag
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

EQ cleared up, and want NFCU recon...

Hi All,

I applied in March for a NFCU Platinum with a collection on my EQ that reported as an open 120+ late. My EQ score was 692 at the time . I was approved for $5000 at 12.99%. I had 6% utilization, last late was 5 years ago, and thats all I could get out of them...I was disappointed. 

Fast forward to the present:

DW's check is direct deposited into our NFCU checking, I've ran 5K through my Platinum every month, and she applied with a 653 and got $7500 with half my income. My EQ collection is gone, and my score is now 723. 

Should I call and ask for a reconsideration (or just CLI) for the Platinum, or do you think I should just apply for another card with them? 

I have to think a double digit CL is the minimum expected here...8% util... Amex just approved me for a BCP @ $11,500, so Navy better not be stingy!

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DI
Super Contributor

Re: EQ cleared up, and want NFCU recon...

@700orbust wrote:

Hi All,

I applied in March for a NFCU Platinum with a collection on my EQ that reported as an open 120+ late. My EQ score was 692 at the time . I was approved for $5000 at 12.99%. I had 6% utilization, last late was 5 years ago, and thats all I could get out of them...I was disappointed. 

Fast forward to the present:

DW's check is direct deposited into our NFCU checking, I've ran 5K through my Platinum every month, and she applied with a 653 and got $7500 with half my income. My EQ collection is gone, and my score is now 723. 

Should I call and ask for a reconsideration (or just CLI) for the Platinum, or do you think I should just apply for another card with them? 

@I have to think a double digit CL is the minimum expected here...8% util... Amex just approved me for a BCP @ $11,500, so Navy better not be stingy!

They probably will need to make another hard inquiry on your credit report to make a decision.  Moverover, your initial credit limit probably was based on several factors.  Income play a big role for the high limits, but if there are negatives on one's credit report,  that info is looked at more than the high income. 

Message 2 of 9
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

My wife makes 40k a year and got a $7500 line with 3 unpaid medial collections. I make at least double that, so they must have not looked kindly at the "open" 120 day late collection account.

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 3 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@700orbust wrote:
My wife makes 40k a year and got a $7500 line with 3 unpaid medial collections. I make at least double that, so they must have not looked kindly at the "open" 120 day late collection account.

What's an open 120 day late collection account?  Any account in collection means a bill  was in arrears for atleast 180 days.   Maybe your wife collections are a lesser amount than your collect account.

Message 4 of 9
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

"Whats an open 120 day late collection account?"

The junk collector reported this account as an actual collection on EX and TU. But for EQ, it was listed under revolving credit accounts, open, and 120+ late, with "collection account" in the notes. So, if for instance, you looked at an EQ report pulled from myfico.com, it would show under the "Credit at a Glance" "Total Past Due" as "1 account 120+ days late". It was akin to me just blowing off an active credit card for 4 months. I actually think it would have hurt less to just be reported as a true collection. 

What's in my wallet?

Message 5 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Just app for a CLI to 12.5-15k or the CL you desire on current card,

sounds like odds are probably in your favor for a v. nice increase.

(unless willing to dilute total eligible revolving CL between 2 cards)

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 9
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

I called in yesterday and asked for 15k, this morning it showed up, so that was pretty painless. Hope I wasn't too conservative!

What's in my wallet?

Message 7 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

@700orbust wrote:
I called in yesterday and asked for 15k, this morning it showed up, so that was pretty painless. Hope I wasn't too conservative!

Congrats!!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 9
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@700orbust wrote:

Congrats!!!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.