Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 181
Registered: ‎11-20-2008
0

EQ cleared up, and want NFCU recon...

Hi All,

 

I applied in March for a NFCU Platinum with a collection on my EQ that reported as an open 120+ late. My EQ score was 692 at the time . I was approved for $5000 at 12.99%. I had 6% utilization, last late was 5 years ago, and thats all I could get out of them...I was disappointed. 

 

Fast forward to the present:

 

DW's check is direct deposited into our NFCU checking, I've ran 5K through my Platinum every month, and she applied with a 653 and got $7500 with half my income. My EQ collection is gone, and my score is now 723. 

 

Should I call and ask for a reconsideration (or just CLI) for the Platinum, or do you think I should just apply for another card with them? 

 

I have to think a double digit CL is the minimum expected here...8% util... Amex just approved me for a BCP @ $11,500, so Navy better not be stingy!

------------------------------------------------
7/11: EQ: 724, TU: 720, EX 745ish (5/11 pull)

What's in my wallet?

Amex Blue Cash Preferred and Capital One Venture.
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: EQ cleared up, and want NFCU recon...

 


700orbust wrote:

Hi All,

 

I applied in March for a NFCU Platinum with a collection on my EQ that reported as an open 120+ late. My EQ score was 692 at the time . I was approved for $5000 at 12.99%. I had 6% utilization, last late was 5 years ago, and thats all I could get out of them...I was disappointed. 

 

Fast forward to the present:

 

DW's check is direct deposited into our NFCU checking, I've ran 5K through my Platinum every month, and she applied with a 653 and got $7500 with half my income. My EQ collection is gone, and my score is now 723. 

 

Should I call and ask for a reconsideration (or just CLI) for the Platinum, or do you think I should just apply for another card with them? 

 

I have to think a double digit CL is the minimum expected here...8% util... Amex just approved me for a BCP @ $11,500, so Navy better not be stingy!


They probably will need to make another hard inquiry on your credit report to make a decision.  Moverover, your initial credit limit probably was based on several factors.  Income play a big role for the high limits, but if there are negatives on one's credit report,  that info is looked at more than the high income. 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 181
Registered: ‎11-20-2008
0

Re: EQ cleared up, and want NFCU recon...

My wife makes 40k a year and got a $7500 line with 3 unpaid medial collections. I make at least double that, so they must have not looked kindly at the "open" 120 day late collection account.
------------------------------------------------
7/11: EQ: 724, TU: 720, EX 745ish (5/11 pull)

What's in my wallet?

Amex Blue Cash Preferred and Capital One Venture.
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: EQ cleared up, and want NFCU recon...

[ Edited ]

 


700orbust wrote:
My wife makes 40k a year and got a $7500 line with 3 unpaid medial collections. I make at least double that, so they must have not looked kindly at the "open" 120 day late collection account.

What's an open 120 day late collection account?  Any account in collection means a bill  was in arrears for atleast 180 days.   Maybe your wife collections are a lesser amount than your collect account.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 181
Registered: ‎11-20-2008
0

Re: EQ cleared up, and want NFCU recon...

"Whats an open 120 day late collection account?"

 

The junk collector reported this account as an actual collection on EX and TU. But for EQ, it was listed under revolving credit accounts, open, and 120+ late, with "collection account" in the notes. So, if for instance, you looked at an EQ report pulled from myfico.com, it would show under the "Credit at a Glance" "Total Past Due" as "1 account 120+ days late". It was akin to me just blowing off an active credit card for 4 months. I actually think it would have hurt less to just be reported as a true collection. 

------------------------------------------------
7/11: EQ: 724, TU: 720, EX 745ish (5/11 pull)

What's in my wallet?

Amex Blue Cash Preferred and Capital One Venture.
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,614
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: EQ cleared up, and want NFCU recon...

[ Edited ]

Just app for a CLI to 12.5-15k or the CL you desire on current card,

sounds like odds are probably in your favor for a v. nice increase.

(unless willing to dilute total eligible revolving CL between 2 cards)

 



 

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Regular Contributor
Posts: 181
Registered: ‎11-20-2008
0

Re: EQ cleared up, and want NFCU recon...

I called in yesterday and asked for 15k, this morning it showed up, so that was pretty painless. Hope I wasn't too conservative!
------------------------------------------------
7/11: EQ: 724, TU: 720, EX 745ish (5/11 pull)

What's in my wallet?

Amex Blue Cash Preferred and Capital One Venture.
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,614
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: EQ cleared up, and want NFCU recon...


700orbust wrote:
I called in yesterday and asked for 15k, this morning it showed up, so that was pretty painless. Hope I wasn't too conservative!

Congrats!!

 

 

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎08-02-2008
0

Re: EQ cleared up, and want NFCU recon...


700orbust wrote:
I called in yesterday and asked for 15k, this morning it showed up, so that was pretty painless. Hope I wasn't too conservative!

Congrats!!!!

FICO: EX: 743 (10/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 721 (9/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 3 | Citi X 7 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | Macys X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 36 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.