Regular Contributor

EQ score back over 600 Time to infiltrate bad with good. Any suggestions?

Like the title says... My EQ score is back into the 600's (614).

I need to put some more GOOD credit TL's on to make the baddies less bad.

Any suggestions? I know 614 is not by any means GOOD but that is why I want to add good accounts to make it better.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

Re: EQ score back over 600 Time to infiltrate bad with good. Any suggestions?

Congrats on getting back up in the 6's!

OK, so what exactly do you have going on on your reports that have you in the low 600's? Is there anything that you can control, such as revolving util?

I'd advise holding off for a while so you'll look better when you app, but the length of time that this will take varies according to your baddies.

Please post back, letting us know what the challenges are on your reports. And in the meantime, I'd advise pulling out your Yellow Pages, finding some local credit unions, and visiting them to see if any offer secured CC's. If you find one, I'd open a savings account or something for now, and eventually app for a secured card.

As my doctor told me (somewhat acidly), "It took a while to get you where you are now, and so it will take a while to get you back where you want to be!" :smileywink:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.