cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ score back over 600 Time to infiltrate bad with good. Any suggestions?

tag
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

EQ score back over 600 Time to infiltrate bad with good. Any suggestions?

Like the title says... My EQ score is back into the 600's (614).

I need to put some more GOOD credit TL's on to make the baddies less bad.

Any suggestions? I know 614 is not by any means GOOD but that is why I want to add good accounts to make it better.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: EQ score back over 600 Time to infiltrate bad with good. Any suggestions?

Congrats on getting back up in the 6's!

OK, so what exactly do you have going on on your reports that have you in the low 600's? Is there anything that you can control, such as revolving util?

I'd advise holding off for a while so you'll look better when you app, but the length of time that this will take varies according to your baddies.

Please post back, letting us know what the challenges are on your reports. And in the meantime, I'd advise pulling out your Yellow Pages, finding some local credit unions, and visiting them to see if any offer secured CC's. If you find one, I'd open a savings account or something for now, and eventually app for a secured card.

As my doctor told me (somewhat acidly), "It took a while to get you where you are now, and so it will take a while to get you back where you want to be!" Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.