cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX - Who pulls this bureau in California?

tag
Bsong
Regular Contributor

EQUIFAX - Who pulls this bureau in California?

Hi All!

I was just wondering if you guys know who pulls EQUIFAX in California for credit card approvals?

I see that it was asked before but it was back in 2008.  In the previous post's it stated that Chase, Discover and majority of Credit Unions pull EQ in California. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
omskillet
Regular Contributor

Re: EQUIFAX - Who pulls this bureau in California?

@Bsong wrote:

Hi All!

I was just wondering if you guys know who pulls EQUIFAX in California for credit card approvals?

I see that it was asked before but it was back in 2008.  In the previous post's it stated that Chase, Discover and majority of Credit Unions pull EQ in California. 

For me in Southern California its been Chase, Citi, Amex using EX and Discover using TU. I haven't had any CC companies use EQ unless it was on recon and they asked to pull another report. 

Message 2 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum!

You could try whogavemecredit.com. Like you said, CUs (DCU, NFCU, etc) also Mutual Bank of Omaha, Discover pulled TU for me I'm in So Ca, Nordstrom
Message 3 of 11
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Discover pulled Equifax for me and my spouse last night here in central CA.

Message 4 of 11
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply's! Im really itching to apply for another card. Everyone so far has told me to garden for now but since I see that scorewatch is'nt showing any INQ's I could possibly increase my chances of approval without having to worry about the "to many inquiries" response. 

THIS FORUM IS TRULY AWESOME! 

Message 5 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 11
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Why were you told to garden?

Well...... Smiley Frustrated

Im new to building credit. My AAoA is only 4months.

Car loan $30k 8 Months old

Capone $500 CL 3 Months old

BoA $5000 CL 1 Month old

Age 31 and Earn $75k+ a year. 

I had 5 inquiries in the last 6 months with 3 of them being in May. The only report I have that has not been reviewed is my EQ which has a score of 683. 

Since im having the urge to be stubborn and apply for a new CC despite the advice to garden, I wanted to atleast increase my chances if I do apply. 

Message 7 of 11
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@DiabolicallyRandom wrote:

Discover pulled Equifax for me and my spouse last night here in central CA.

Hi, Just wondering what card you applied for? And do you mind sharing a bit of your info? Were you approved? 

Message 8 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I can see why you were told to garden. Your cr profile is thin and you really need to wait 6 mos so lenders will see that you can handle your new debt.
Message 9 of 11
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

We both applied for the discover it.  Our Scores are in the mid to high 700's, AAOA around 4 to 5 years. My spouses inquiries Eq: 2 almost 2 years old TU:0. My inquiries Eq: 2 recent TU 2 almost a year old.

Edited because I forgot about some Inquiries.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.