Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERRRR...Orchard Bank!

tag
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

ERRRR...Orchard Bank!

So, just wanted to share and vent.  I just received auto increases on three of my four credit cards, doubling and almost tripling the limits.  So, I noticed that my oldest card, Orchard bank, has not increased.  Also, I called in last month about closing the account that had an 59. annual fee.  At that time they cut the fee in half if I kept it open...okay...that was some progress.  So, recently I received a letter stating that my annual fee of $59.00 has posted two months ago...what!  So, I e-mail the customer service and they stated that I needed to call in and that they do not cut the annual fees?  SO, call a supervisor, they said sorry it was a form e-mail and that they DID cut my fee in half.  I then get another e-mail stating that the annual fee will post at 59.00!@$##@...**bleep**!!!

Then, I ask the supervisor about a credit limit increase.  Yesterday the supervisor said he will send an e-mail to someone and see what can be done. I then receive YET ANOTHER e-mail stating to call in.  I called, a supervisor says that they need permission to review the account and that the supervisor yesterday was "innacurate".  I say yes BUT no hard pull....then...DRUM ROLL..."Congradulations $100.00 increase"!  "We would like you to know that we do not cut annual fees, your are a SPECIAL customer and we wanted to make you happy so we did it JUST FOR YOU!"  "And, regarding the limit increase, 100 is a GREAT increase and we are pleased for you"...REALLY??? 

SO ANNOYED!!!!

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: ERRRR...Orchard Bank!

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:

So, just wanted to share and vent.  I just received auto increases on three of my four credit cards, doubling and almost tripling the limits.  So, I noticed that my oldest card, Orchard bank, has not increased.  Also, I called in last month about closing the account that had an 59. annual fee.  At that time they cut the fee in half if I kept it open...okay...that was some progress.  So, recently I received a letter stating that my annual fee of $59.00 has posted two months ago...what!  So, I e-mail the customer service and they stated that I needed to call in and that they do not cut the annual fees?  SO, call a supervisor, they said sorry it was a form e-mail and that they DID cut my fee in half.  I then get another e-mail stating that the annual fee will post at 59.00!@$##@...**bleep**!!!

Then, I ask the supervisor about a credit limit increase.  Yesterday the supervisor said he will send an e-mail to someone and see what can be done. I then receive YET ANOTHER e-mail stating to call in.  I called, a supervisor says that they need permission to review the account and that the supervisor yesterday was "innacurate".  I say yes BUT no hard pull....then...DRUM ROLL..."Congradulations $100.00 increase"!  "We would like you to know that we do not cut annual fees, your are a SPECIAL customer and we wanted to make you happy so we did it JUST FOR YOU!"  "And, regarding the limit increase, 100 is a GREAT increase and we are pleased for you"...REALLY??? 

SO ANNOYED!!!!

I love my HSBC/Orchard Bank and if you only a very bad credit score or a ok credit score.
Message 2 of 19
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Look at the bright side - at least they didn't increase your credit limit by $59 lol

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 3 of 19
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

LOL...SO TRUE!  Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 19
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

At least they didn't charge you $25 for it...hahahaha.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 5 of 19
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Surprised  $25.00, is that what they used to charge???

Message 6 of 19
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:

Smiley Surprised  $25.00, is that what they used to charge???

I don't know about Orchard, but that's what Household charged..for consumer initiated increases, though...not automatic ones. Crazy, huh?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 19
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Yea!  I can't even imagine having to pay for the increase...especially 1/3 of the increase itself Smiley Mad  So I guess I am the "special" one Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 19
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

Yeah I had the same experience with HSBC I got nice CLI with Chase got a new Discover card and USAA World Master Card HSBC same thing 100.00. The only reason Im keeping them open for now is because they dropped my APR while Im deployed and waived the AF but Im sure it will be back once Im home. Im dumping them this time next year after I get a year on Discover and USAA

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 9 of 19
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

They suck in terms of growth potential but were good to me when I needed a chance.  I think others on this forum said it best, they serve their purpose and then they close Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.