Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERrr.. Capital One.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ERrr.. Capital One.

Well, this is probably my fault, but it's frustrating because I didn't think that I would have a short billing cycle. I activated my Cap1 card on 8/18/2010 and they cut my statement 9 days later 8/26/2010!!!  I thought they would carry my balance over to the next billing cycle instead of cutting it after only a few days. I guess not. I'm a fool, bc now my credit util will be reported at 40% versus the 10% I was aiming to be reported. Easy fix for next month since now I know the statement closing date. .>=[ but it hurts me inside whenever I see my score take a jump, no matter how small-- and I'm sure it will.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: ERrr.. Capital One.

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, this is probably my fault, but it's frustrating because I didn't think that I would have a short billing cycle. I activated my Cap1 card on 8/18/2010 and they cut my statement 9 days later 8/26/2010!!!  I thought they would carry my balance over to the next billing cycle instead of cutting it after only a few days. I guess not. I'm a fool, bc now my credit util will be reported at 40% versus the 10% I was aiming to be reported. Easy fix for next month since now I know the statement closing date. .>=[ but it hurts me inside whenever I see my score take a jump, no matter how small-- and I'm sure it will.

Phobia of temporary drop in FICO score.   Any psychology students need a doctoral thesis topic?

Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: ERrr.. Capital One.

lol

canadaam, I feel your pain. This isn't unusual with the first month of any card, because you just never really know for sure when they're going to start the billing cycle.

I still beat my head against the wall when I don't get one paid off before the statement drops, and an extra account reports. Smiley Very Happy And I've been at this for 3 years. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.