Contributor
canadaam

ERrr.. Capital One.

Well, this is probably my fault, but it's frustrating because I didn't think that I would have a short billing cycle. I activated my Cap1 card on 8/18/2010 and they cut my statement 9 days later 8/26/2010!!!  I thought they would carry my balance over to the next billing cycle instead of cutting it after only a few days. I guess not. I'm a fool, bc now my credit util will be reported at 40% versus the 10% I was aiming to be reported. Easy fix for next month since now I know the statement closing date. .>=[ but it hurts me inside whenever I see my score take a jump, no matter how small-- and I'm sure it will.

Starting Score (Aug 2010): EX637 EQ641 TU 650 (FAKO)
Current Score (Sep 2010): EX664 TU663 EQ677 (FAKO) // TU FICO® 651 EQ FICO® 657
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Re: ERrr.. Capital One.

canadaam wrote:

Well, this is probably my fault, but it's frustrating because I didn't think that I would have a short billing cycle. I activated my Cap1 card on 8/18/2010 and they cut my statement 9 days later 8/26/2010!!!  I thought they would carry my balance over to the next billing cycle instead of cutting it after only a few days. I guess not. I'm a fool, bc now my credit util will be reported at 40% versus the 10% I was aiming to be reported. Easy fix for next month since now I know the statement closing date. .>=[ but it hurts me inside whenever I see my score take a jump, no matter how small-- and I'm sure it will.

Phobia of temporary drop in FICO score.   Any psychology students need a doctoral thesis topic?

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: ERrr.. Capital One.

lol

canadaam, I feel your pain. This isn't unusual with the first month of any card, because you just never really know for sure when they're going to start the billing cycle.

I still beat my head against the wall when I don't get one paid off before the statement drops, and an extra account reports. :smileyvery-happy: And I've been at this for 3 years. :smileytongue:

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+