Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPERIAN

tag
danisgods
Regular Contributor

EXPERIAN

why is experian almost lower the the other 3 bureaus?

are they more rigid ?

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EXPERIAN

It is my understanding that the FICO score calculation is the same at every credit bureau.

What is different is the information each bureau has on you. If experian has 'bad' info on you, or less 'good' info than the other bureaus, then your experian FICO may be lower.

Also, be sure you aren't comparing apples to oranges, and that you are actually looking at a FICO score for each of the bureaus, rather than one of their proprietary scoring methods.

Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

It is my understanding that the FICO score calculation is the same at every credit bureau.

What is different is the information each bureau has on you. If experian has 'bad' info on you, or less 'good' info than the other bureaus, then your experian FICO may be lower.

Also, be sure you aren't comparing apples to oranges, and that you are actually looking at a FICO score for each of the bureaus, rather than one of their proprietary scoring methods.

Actually, each bureau has a different FICO score formula. So even those very rare identical reports will result in different scores. My three young adult kids have matching credit reports (for each one, that is), and they always have had different FICO scores, including back when we could buy EX FICO scores.

+! on the FICO vs FAKO comment. OP, unless you got your Experian score via a mortgage pull or membership PSECU (a Pennsylvania credit union that supplies its members their EX FICO scores on statements), your EX score is a FAKO. If you got the other two scores from the same place, they're FAKO's too. Smiley Sad

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@danisgods wrote:

why is experian almost lower the the other 3 bureaus?

are they more rigid ?

They must be more rigid because I tend to find them to be the biggest pain in the neck out of the three bureaus when it comes to *rewarding* me for my hard work, lol.. Smiley Very Happy

I find TransUnion to be the easiest of the three but they're also a double-edge sword.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.