cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXXON MOBIL gas card approved after 7-10 notice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EXXON MOBIL gas card approved after 7-10 notice!

Low 600's when I applied and I mean really low.  Not even sure which score they used.  WIthin seconds got a denial online, it didn't' seem like they even thought about just said HELL NO.  To my surpirse about a week later, I get a PIN # and some info on the card, but no CARD! I called the number and was told I got approved for $200 and will get my card the following day, since for security purposes they send the PIN first! Sweet 15 cents back on each gallon up to 100 gallons within 90 days or something.  

Also all their customer service is local in United States, unless you call tech support as I was told.

They do a review after 1 year to raise limit, but encourage to call once in a while and request credit limit increase.  I will try in 3-4 months, will keep you guys updated.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EXXON MOBIL gas card approved after 7-10 notice!

I got BP, Phillips 66 and now Shell.  I originally got a BP last year and when I got the card I went to the local BP to fill up to find out it had become an Exxon.  Talk about burning an inquiry!  The closest BP to me is now like 30 miles away, I still keep the card for road trips, just to keep it active.  So the next month I got a Phillips 66, get a discount on car washes and another one when you buy 45 gallons in one month.  I have a 36 gallon tank on my new truck, so I fill up at the start of a statement and top it off before the end of the statement to put me over 45 gallons and get the discount.  A full tank will last me almost 2 months Smiley Happy  Finally the Shell card, just got that a few days ago, moving at the end of the month and down the road is a Shell station.  It is not a normal Shell station though, it is also a liquor store, so I needed a Shell card Heart

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh starting credit limits 600 on all 3.  No increases from BP or Phillips in a year now.  I think I may hit Phillips up for an increase after I move, but honestly even if I drive to Dallas or Chicago to see family, gas for the entire round trip could be put on a single card and I would not max it out, so I am fine for now Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

definitely try if its been a year you should get it.  Im suprised you waited that long! I would have asked for CLI twice already! lol

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been busy with work and school or I would have probably been playing with my cards more.  I cannot even remember who underwrites... oh yeah I can, it is Citi.  Phillips and Shell are Citi and BP is Chase.  That is another reason I keep the cards, even though they are only gas cards they got my foot in with better banks than Cap1 Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Been busy with work and school or I would have probably been playing with my cards more.  I cannot even remember who underwrites... oh yeah I can, it is Citi.  Phillips and Shell are Citi and BP is Chase.  That is another reason I keep the cards, even though they are only gas cards they got my foot in with better banks than Cap1 Smiley Happy

Would having a EXXON card get me in good graces with CITI for future? or is that irrelevant? Because they denied me with a quickness for a card.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well in theory since Citi underwrites Exxon it is possible.

I wrote about my Phillips 66 card, well I had it for a year now and never late always paid on time and PIF probably 10 of the 12 months.  Wed I applied for a Citi Thank You card and was approved for 6k CL, 12.99 APR and 15 months 0% on transfers and purchases.  I would like to think that they correlated my social with my internal history.

But then again we are talking about a bank that nearly went under 4 years ago!

Message 7 of 11
2NE1
Established Contributor

Congrats!

I would like to have a Gas card as well since my commute is insane! can anyone recommend one that would be best for me? My scores are on my sig... I have a feeling that I'd get denied Smiley Sad but you guys are the experts on here!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2NE1 wrote:

Congrats!

I would like to have a Gas card as well since my commute is insane! can anyone recommend one that would be best for me? My scores are on my sig... I have a feeling that I'd get denied Smiley Sad but you guys are the experts on here!

Honestly what type of cards do you currently have, to be honest my scores aren't too far from yours I would try the EXXON MOBIL card.  I got the 7-10 day notice right away, but got the card a week later, you never know.

Message 9 of 11
2NE1
Established Contributor

HSNCLOSER wrote:

Honestly what type of cards do you currently have, to be honest my scores aren't too far from yours I would try the EXXON MOBIL card.  I got the 7-10 day notice right away, but got the card a week later, you never know.

Did you get the Personal or the Preferred Exxon/Mobil card? I only have a CapOne ($500) and an Orchard ($300). Both will hit 6 months in June.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.