Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EZ PASS Replenishments

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: EZ PASS Replenishments

For anyone who has it, Chase says tolls count as travel, so if EZ Pass' merchant category code is right, it could earn 2% on the Preferred.

Message 11 of 27
DontEatMyFriends
Established Member

Remember to read your EZ-Pass contract.  They retain the right to hard set your replenishment amount based upon a 3 month average, and you must call CS to have it reduced.  I found this out the hard way when my father in law had a heart attack and we had to take the triboro bridge (NYC to Queens/Long Island) every day to visit him.  There are ingress and egress tolls of $6.50 (13 bucks round trip), and based upon my usage (every day as he was hospitalized there for over 3 months) EZ-Pass decided to make my replenishment amount $500.00.  Also be aware that it can take up to 48 hours for them to credit the replenishment to your account.  I was ticked off that they could somehow justify charging me 1k in the course of 36 hours, but this is what happens when you don't read the fine print.  Sometimes I we need to learn our lessons the hard way, they usually tend to stick better then anyways.  I still use my EZ-Pass, but have taken a more active role in reviewing my account.  

In the garden until they run out of veggie burgers.
Message 12 of 27
scarzy
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@scarzy wrote:

It's just a regular charge here in MD.

What part of MD are you from?

I'm in Montgomery County! What about you, LS?

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 13 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@scarzy wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@scarzy wrote:

Balt. County. Kinda wish I was outside Baltimore sometimes Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 27
scarzy
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@scarzy wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@scarzy wrote:

Before I got married, I used to live in the city. Boy, do I missed it!  Montgomery County is too "stuffy" for me!  Smiley LOL

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 15 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@scarzy wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@scarzy wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@scarzy wrote:

Before I got married, I used to live in the city. Boy, do I missed it!  Montgomery County is too "stuffy" for me!  Smiley LOL

Smiley Very Happy

I HATE the city!!! Too crazy for me!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 27
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Our pike pass refills get charged to my Amex PRG $40 each time and the account is reloaded when it hits less than $10
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 27
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Has anyone loaded his/her EZ-PASS using a CC?  If so, does it appear as regular transaction or is it charged as cash advance?

Only a purchase in my case.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 18 of 27
john398
Senior Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Our pike pass refills get charged to my Amex PRG $40 each time and the account is reloaded when it hits less than $10

Same in North Texas with NTTA

Message 19 of 27
bribro
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

For anyone who has it, Chase says tolls count as travel, so if EZ Pass' merchant category code is right, it could earn 2% on the Preferred.

Annoyingly, FasTrak (the San Francisco Bay Area version of EZ Pass) auto-load charges are coded as "Tax, Legal & Financial services." So I use Freedom 10 & 10 instead of CSP.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.