cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earning cash back rewards on child support!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Earning cash back rewards on child support!

My DBF recently lost his job, so he will start making child support payments manually instead of having them withdrawn from his paycheck. I have read on here that credit cards can't be used for child support payments; at least not without fees that would negate the rewards. I just checked the website, and he can actually make his child support payments by Visa or Mastercard without paying any additional fees. So I told him he should use the Quicksilver to make his payments instead of using his checking or savings for a ACH payment. It will be a small amount, but I get stoked any time I earn rewards on something that would have been paid anyway. Woot!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Earning cash back rewards on child support!

I'm earning points by paying my student loans off early Smiley Very Happy .....I think. It's through a 3rd party site because Great Lakes won't take CC as a payment, but I got tired of having a monthly withdrawal straight out of my bank account. There is a fee, but the points almost cancel out the fee, so I'm ok with it.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm earning points by paying my student loans off early Smiley Very Happy .....I think. It's through a 3rd party site because Great Lakes won't take CC as a payment, but I got tired of having a monthly withdrawal straight out of my bank account. There is a fee, but the points almost cancel out the fee, so I'm ok with it.

Seriously?! I have Great Lakes for my student loans. What are service are you using to pay them?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent you a private message

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.