cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easier Amex to Get? Gold Delta or Green Charge?

tag
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Easier Amex to Get? Gold Delta or Green Charge?

Planning to app with Amex even though I shouldn't. Don't care about inquiries at the moment. Here's how I'm looking:

AAOA: 1.2 years

Oldest acct: 8 years

Recently app'd for: 5 applications/5 approved/3 of those already showing up on my credit as new trade lines (1100/1900/2000)

Other inquiries are 5 months old (4 inquiries old, 5 new for a total of 9 inquiries)

Highest Card Limit: 2400 (opened 5 months ago)

What are your thoughts on approval chances? If I was dumb enough to pull the trigger, would you try for the Green or the Gold Delta?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

Re: Easier Amex to Get? Gold Delta or Green Charge?

I just got approved for Delta Gold.

If you can use the miles, go for it. 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 2 of 4
littlelottie
Valued Member

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Planning to app with Amex even though I shouldn't. Don't care about inquiries at the moment. Here's how I'm looking:

AAOA: 1.2 years

Oldest acct: 8 years

Recently app'd for: 5 applications/5 approved/3 of those already showing up on my credit as new trade lines (1100/1900/2000)

Other inquiries are 5 months old (4 inquiries old, 5 new for a total of 9 inquiries)

Highest Card Limit: 2400 (opened 5 months ago)

What are your thoughts on approval chances? If I was dumb enough to pull the trigger, would you try for the Green or the Gold Delta?

Thanks

I think you could be approved.  I would try for the green first and if approved try for the delta gold immediately after.  You could possibly get approved for both with one inquiry, 

Starting Score (January 2013): TU: 704, EQ: 679, EX: 687
Current Score (September 2013): TU: 741. EQ: 703, EX: 712
Goal Score: 730 Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

The green charge is easier, you might want to try for it first.... then if you get denied for the Delta you at least have a way to build a relationship with AMEX... wait 3 months and app for the delta again

also look into the platinum instead of the gold for delta.... if you actually fly and ever travel with a companion if will pay for it's self over the gold

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.