Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easier approval with Alumni cards?

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Re: Easier approval with Alumni cards?

I may get somewhat of an indicator.  I applied today for the alumni card through Capitol One.  I will be surprised if I get approved cuz I just another medical collection hit my reports Friday thanks to my ex-wife taking our daughter to the ER and never telling me about it.

I wouldn't be COMPLETELY surprised if I got approved, but I would be very surprised if the CL is anything over $1000.

ETA:  By the way, my app got the 7-10 day notice.  I'll update when I get the final decision.

Message 11 of 12
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Re: Easier approval with Alumni cards?

@valley_man0505 wrote:

I may get somewhat of an indicator.  I applied today for the alumni card through Capitol One.  I will be surprised if I get approved cuz I just another medical collection hit my reports Friday thanks to my ex-wife taking our daughter to the ER and never telling me about it.

I wouldn't be COMPLETELY surprised if I got approved, but I would be very surprised if the CL is anything over $1000.

ETA:  By the way, my app got the 7-10 day notice.  I'll update when I get the final decision.

Just finally found out today that my application was approved with a CL of $2000!  This is the highest limit I have ever had on a card (with the exception of Cabelas where I got a $3500 CL since I applied the very day my FICO peaked at a little over 680--they later closed the account on me when they realized my score dropped back down). 

My UTIL at time of application was between 55-60%.  I had two collections less than 2 years old and I had a third collection that literally hit my report 2 days before I apped.  EQ FICO was only 617 (it dropped from 631 to 617 the day that 3rd CA popped up).

ETA:  I talked to a CSR last week to check on the status of my app, and they said the system showed that it was currently undergoing a manual review, so the decision did not appear to be algorithm based.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.