Established Contributor
valley_man0505

Re: Easier approval with Alumni cards?

[ Edited ]

I may get somewhat of an indicator.  I applied today for the alumni card through Capitol One.  I will be surprised if I get approved cuz I just another medical collection hit my reports Friday thanks to my ex-wife taking our daughter to the ER and never telling me about it.

I wouldn't be COMPLETELY surprised if I got approved, but I would be very surprised if the CL is anything over $1000.

ETA:  By the way, my app got the 7-10 day notice.  I'll update when I get the final decision.

Established Contributor
valley_man0505

Re: Easier approval with Alumni cards?

[ Edited ]

valley_man0505 wrote:

I may get somewhat of an indicator.  I applied today for the alumni card through Capitol One.  I will be surprised if I get approved cuz I just another medical collection hit my reports Friday thanks to my ex-wife taking our daughter to the ER and never telling me about it.

I wouldn't be COMPLETELY surprised if I got approved, but I would be very surprised if the CL is anything over $1000.

ETA:  By the way, my app got the 7-10 day notice.  I'll update when I get the final decision.

Just finally found out today that my application was approved with a CL of $2000!  This is the highest limit I have ever had on a card (with the exception of Cabelas where I got a $3500 CL since I applied the very day my FICO peaked at a little over 680--they later closed the account on me when they realized my score dropped back down). 

My UTIL at time of application was between 55-60%.  I had two collections less than 2 years old and I had a third collection that literally hit my report 2 days before I apped.  EQ FICO was only 617 (it dropped from 631 to 617 the day that 3rd CA popped up).

ETA:  I talked to a CSR last week to check on the status of my app, and they said the system showed that it was currently undergoing a manual review, so the decision did not appear to be algorithm based.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+