Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest AMEX card approval?

tag
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: Easiest AMEX card approval?

Charge cards you can easily get with only 6 months of history, but it'll probably cost you 3 hard pulls.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 11 of 57
grubs
Valued Member

@j_casteel wrote:

Everyone says charge cards but a lady at AMEX EO said the Blue was the easiest card to get out of everything, but who know and as always YMMV. Based on the posts here usually people will get a Green and immediately app for the Delta Gold to get 2 cards on 1 HP, and then PC the Delta to a BCE/P. 

I've read that the blue was easy too, but never in this forum until this post.

Message 12 of 57
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I will have to think about that later this year, I actually want a Amex card at some point to complete my portfolio.  Although, I must admit I am in no rush to add a card right now.  I am happy gardening!  I want to make sure that when I go on my next spree it will be for cards with good limits, no annual fees, and with great rewards.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 13 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats incorrect i was just approved 1-31-2013 for the gold amex card with one pull on experian

Message 14 of 57
londonhogfan
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats incorrect i was just approved 1-31-2013 for the gold amex card with one pull on experian

I was curious about that... Why would it take 3 pulls for an AMEX Charge? Are they pulling each report?

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 15 of 57
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Blue is not easy to get. Not sure where somebody is getting that information. It is one of their hardest cards to qualify for.

Message 16 of 57
sambam94
Established Member

^My 18 year old college student son was approved for the Blue Cash Everyday reecently. He had a USAA card since last May and is an AU on 3 of my cards.  Income of $12,000 was used

Message 17 of 57
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Blue is not easy to get. Not sure where somebody is getting that information. It is one of their hardest cards to qualify for.

It's no Centurion either.

Message 18 of 57
distantarray
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

Look at their charge cards that are part revolver Smiley Surprised

More like their revolvers are part charge cards Smiley Tongue Amex does NOT like you carrying large balances over time of more than 3-6months just a fair warning =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 19 of 57
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Correction it WAS one of the hardest cards to qualify for, now that the $6,000 cap was put into place it's quite easy.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.