Did you mean: 

Easiest AMEX card approval?

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Easiest AMEX card approval?

@jake619 wrote:

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Blue is not easy to get. Not sure where somebody is getting that information. It is one of their hardest cards to qualify for.

It's no Centurion either.

Centurion black isn't a hard card to get, just have to spend $240,000 + a year on a Platinum card then call in and ask for it. If you have the cash they'll give it to you. Of course at $5,000 annual fee no thanks imo. Palladium card by Chase is much better imo. although prestige is nice.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 21 of 57
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@jake619 wrote:

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Blue is not easy to get. Not sure where somebody is getting that information. It is one of their hardest cards to qualify for.

It's no Centurion either.

Centurion black isn't a hard card to get, just have to spend $240,000 + a year on a Platinum card then call in and ask for it. If you have the cash they'll give it to you. Of course at $5,000 annual fee no thanks imo. Palladium card by Chase is much better imo. although prestige is nice.

Oh thats all??  Heck, I might call them right now. Centurions for all!  Smiley Happy  

Message 22 of 57
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

What is the $6000 cap you mentioned ?

Thank you

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 23 of 57
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

No one is answering the actual question lol

Its a general consensus that Amex Delta is the easiest Amex card to get. Which is the 2nd easiest Amex revolver to get approved for?

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 24 of 57
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

What is the $6000 cap you mentioned ?

Thank you

Both the BCP and BCE have a cap on the amount of groceries that get 6% back, $6000 per year. After that they get 1%.

Before, it was unlimited and this greatly reduced the value of the card to many.

Message 25 of 57
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Thank you,

I thought it was like max limts or something.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 26 of 57
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@sambam94 wrote:

^My 18 year old college student son was approved for the Blue Cash Everyday reecently. He had a USAA card since last May and is an AU on 3 of my cards.  Income of $12,000 was used

This is very different than someone with no credit, limited credit, or bad credit. Your AU accounts inflate your son's credit history, while the USAA card puts his own history over 6 months. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 27 of 57
distantarray
Established Contributor

@cowboyguy wrote:

No one is answering the actual question lol

Its a general consensus that Amex Delta is the easiest Amex card to get. Which is the 2nd easiest Amex revolver to get approved for?

probably the BCP or BCE is the easiest revolvers now from the trends I've been seeing on multiple forums imo. Remember there's not a HUGE number of Amex revolvers eithers. There are cards by different banks, but the Amex cards issued by Amex itself and not just on the Amex network like a Macy's Amex etc. There really isn't too much. 

Delta, Clear, BCE would probably be the easiest cards if you stay away from Green, but it's always been argued if you can get Green some people say you can get Platinum, it's basically the same general risk, their internal credit limit even with no preset spending limit a real limit is indeed in place with charge cards. It just depends on how much annual fee you want to pay.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 28 of 57
charyot77
Regular Contributor

I think the Blue card IS the easiest to get.

I am talking about the regular Blue card that gives MRE points and not cash.  That card is never mentioned here but I think it is easier because I was approved for it while still having an unpaid judgement at the time.

You can convert the regular / "vanilla" Blue card to a BCE card a month or two after you open it.  You'll have to wait a year to convert to the BCP but it is still an in.  The biggest drawback, in my opinion, is that the sign up bonus is 10,000 MRE points and not the $100/$150 you would get with the BCE/BCP respectively.

Message 29 of 57
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

for me it was the zync card but think they no longer offer it, its a charge but lower annual fee than the gold or green only 45 vs 95+, after having it for aboout a year i apped for a blue card and got declined.

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.