Reply
Established Member
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎07-13-2007
0

Easiest AMEX to get?

I've been repairing and rebuilding my credit for the last year and am ready to apply for an AE card.  Any ideas on which AE card is the easiest to be approved for?
Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,526
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Easiest AMEX to get?

Delta Gold
Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: Easiest AMEX to get?



mstrey12 wrote:
I've been repairing and rebuilding my credit for the last year and am ready to apply for an AE card.  Any ideas on which AE card is the easiest to be approved for?


How's your EX score and report?  Any baddies left after repair?  Any bad history with Amex?
 
The Green Charge Card and the Gold Delta SkyMiles credit card are generally the easiest to get.
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 303
Registered: ‎09-07-2007
0

Re: Easiest AMEX to get?



cheddar wrote:







mstrey12 wrote:

I've been repairing and rebuilding my credit for the last year and am ready to apply for an AE card. Any ideas on which AE card is the easiest to be approved for?





How's your EX score and report? Any baddies left after repair? Any bad history with Amex?


The Green Charge Card and the Gold Delta SkyMiles credit card are generally the easiest to get.






Make sure you know that one is a charge(PIF) and one is a credit card. You can't switch later on from a charge to credit card or the another way around.
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: Easiest AMEX to get?

As long as you have around a 620 or higher with no recent baddies or previous bad history with Amex you can probably land a Delta Skymiles or Green card.

I have a Green and I abuse it frequently.
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 396
Registered: ‎08-11-2007
0

Re: Easiest AMEX to get?

Too funny. I was just getting ready to ask this same question. For me, I had my AMEX closed by them back in November (I still had a $300 balance that I've been steadily paying), and I asked for a manual review recently to re-open the account -- the CSR said that he couldn't do that, but he said AMEX's internal notes on my account said that I should call the 24-hour customer service number and re-apply for whole new account.
 
Since I had a Delta Sky before, I was thinking of getting something else - the Green Charge or maybe a Blue Cash or Blue Sky, but I want to make sure I get A card... and not just run
 
I have some derogs on my CBR, but nothing in the last two years. And I recently paid off two CC that I closed but still had balances on. I figure my FICO is around 600, maybe a little higher, possibly a little lower.
 
I plan to check my FICOs once I know this BofA Visa I just got reports, zero balance $1000 CL... should boost UTL.
 
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: Easiest AMEX to get?



PayYouNever wrote:
Too funny. I was just getting ready to ask this same question. For me, I had my AMEX closed by them back in November (I still had a $300 balance that I've been steadily paying), and I asked for a manual review recently to re-open the account -- the CSR said that he couldn't do that, but he said AMEX's internal notes on my account said that I should call the 24-hour customer service number and re-apply for whole new account.
Since I had a Delta Sky before, I was thinking of getting something else - the Green Charge or maybe a Blue Cash or Blue Sky, but I want to make sure I get A card... and not just run
I have some derogs on my CBR, but nothing in the last two years. And I recently paid off two CC that I closed but still had balances on. I figure my FICO is around 600, maybe a little higher, possibly a little lower.
I plan to check my FICOs once I know this BofA Visa I just got reports, zero balance $1000 CL... should boost UTL.





Out of curiosity, was there any particular reason given when they closed your account? Was it AA? Perhaps inactivity?
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 396
Registered: ‎08-11-2007
0

Re: Easiest AMEX to get?

I was not given a particular reason... just negative items on my EX report. However, I hadn't had any new derog items or really any activity -- except for continuous payments to the accounts that I did have open -- including AmEx!
 
I had been disputing items to get the removed (they weren't) so I figure there was activity on my account for dormant tradelines, which 'caused them to bring the score down.
 
So I'll see what happens when I try for the Green Charge Card or Delta Gold
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 352
Registered: ‎10-10-2007
0

Re: Easiest AMEX to get?

Well in my opinion i would say Dillard's AMX .
please correct me if i was wrong .
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: Easiest AMEX to get?



creditdream wrote:
Well in my opinion i would say Dillard's AMX .
please correct me if i was wrong .


I think question is about which Amex-issued Amex is easiest to get.
 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.