Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest American Express To Get?

tag
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

Easiest American Express To Get?

Hello there, I don't want to keep anyone hostage on here so I will make it short and simple.

AAoA is 2 years, I already have an American Express Zync (which I LOVE). I feel it helps me a lot with my spending power, but that's besides the point. I've had it for about 6 months, and I heard that building a relationship with an AmEx Charge Card increases your chances for an AmEx Credit Card, is that correct?

My UTL is >25%. Never missed a payment, no baddies what soever. My last inquires were about 5 and that was 6 months ago. 

My score is in the 645-670 range.

Which American Express Credit Card do you guys feel I might qualify for? I heard the Gold Delta is pretty easy to get nowadays, and I want some travel rewards. What cards do you guys prefer? 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

Re: Easiest American Express To Get?

*Bump* Even some advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easy to get?  It depend ~ case by case.   You may want to wait until bring your util down and your score reaches avobe 700 for more better chance.

Message 3 of 12
Ron1
Super Contributor

I think the Amex Green Charge is easiest to get next to Zync.

Ron.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their Charge Cards are easier to get than their revolvers.

Get your util down to 9% or lower, your scores should go up enough to qualify for the AmEx Green like Ron said.

I just got the AmEx Blue Cash 3/30/11 and called in for a CLI yesterday (2000CL to start, 6000CL now)

AmEx is a great CCC, superb CS, not to mention the backdating!!!!

And many many more perks.

Message 5 of 12
daylove
Regular Contributor

Your score is too low..wait till you cross 720 to apply and have zero balance on your current card. 

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

Hello there, I don't want to keep anyone hostage on here so I will make it short and simple.

AAoA is 2 years, I already have an American Express Zync (which I LOVE). I feel it helps me a lot with my spending power, but that's besides the point. I've had it for about 6 months, and I heard that building a relationship with an AmEx Charge Card increases your chances for an AmEx Credit Card, is that correct?

My UTL is >25%. Never missed a payment, no baddies what soever. My last inquires were about 5 and that was 6 months ago. 

My score is in the 645-670 range.

Which American Express Credit Card do you guys feel I might qualify for? I heard the Gold Delta is pretty easy to get nowadays, and I want some travel rewards. What cards do you guys prefer? 

Thank you!

Message 6 of 12
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your guys' advice, I will continue to do so. I would prefer a credit card, rather than a charge card. But I would like to eventually have the AmEx Gold, would it be easier to apply for the Green and then upgrade to the Gold in the future?

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 12
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

I got the Delta Gold card about a month ago and I couldn't be happier. People complain about the annual fee but I question their math abilities. Two tickets for my GF and I cost us about $1150 and now with the companion ticket every year it's going to cost about $675. Plus I can check a free bag for up to 9 people in my party which is a round trip savings of $50 per person. I also got the 20,000 bonus miles which is basically $200 off the cost of a ticket. I feel like I'm ripping them off considering the fee is waived for the first year. If you feel like taking a chance on an inquiry from AmEx I highly recommend the Delta Gold card. My scores were in the 720s when they checked my report but I've seen and heard of people with worse scores than you getting approved for the card.

Good luck

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

Dr.Smith: Wow really? That is what I was thinking as well, I plan to travel myself in the mere future so that is why I would like a travel based card. I was on financeglobe.com and was reading that people with scores in the low/mid 600's were being approved, so that is why I wanted to try for this card. I plan on getting my UTL down to >10% and apply, at least then I can see what AmEx says so I know what to work on. An AmEx representative told me "It is much easier now to get a revolving card with AmEx than ever before." She even preferred me to apply for an AmEx credit card than a charge card.
Message 9 of 12
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

I guess the annual fee wouldn't bother me even without all the perks. The few times I've had to talk with an AmEx represenative I've been very pleased with their customer service. I honestly only fly maybe once or twice a year, but like I said the free checked bag and $99 companion ticket alone makes up for the annual fee. On the other hand i am a new AmEx customer and I've read some posts where people are less than thrilled with them. Maybe someday I'll feel differently about them, but for now I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.