Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Amex Cards???

tag
LilNYC
New Contributor

Re: Easiest Amex Cards???

I just reread ur orig post more carefully. since your starting cl on the delta card was only $1000 it prob means you were marginal for approval. This coupled with the fact that the delta card has the most lax underwriting criteria for an amex revolver, makes me doubt that you'll be approved for a second amex revolver just a month or two after getting ur first amex. What's ur apr on delta? Your acct history is under a year old & you already opened 5 cards in that span. Amex doesn't like short history. Even though a denial will only result in a SP, others on this forum have stated that denials lower your internal risk score with amex. I think a better plan would be to try and PC your delta to the bce once you get the sign up miles(unless u really want the delta card, I get the impression u only went for it bc it's the easiest 1 to get.) You'll lose out on the $100 bonus though. PC or not, I'd advise waiting till the 61 day mark before apping for anything else. Try for a 3 x cli at that point, this will give you a better idea of where you stand with amex. If they don't increase ur cl it prob means they wont approve u for another card.
As for which revolver gives the most generous credit lines my guess would be that credit limits have little to do with which particular amex you have but rather a reflection of ur credit profile, income, & assets. I may be wrong but that's my two cents.
I think what @vish1 was trying to say about backdating (& forgive me for speaking for another poster) is that you have a lot of new accts & inquiries for someone with a short credit history & that the backdating benefit you would gain by adding a new amex in jan or feb would be marginal. being so new to amex it's unlikely they'll approve you for 2 amexes within 30-60 days.
Hope I don't sound harsh just trying to help. You already got in with amex just relax.
Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 21 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@hussain99 wrote:

Dustink

I just noticed your sig & I'm like "what the....". You're one lucky dude. With less than 1 year of credit history, such low AAoA & with so many inquiries, you got such high limits. How did you get those? Way to go!

I think based on your sig, Amex HH is not a bad option either, what do you say?

I focused on one back at the start (US Bank). With my spending habbits I showed them that I needed high limits. Once they gave me good limits I was then able to get credit from other lenders who tried to match those limits.

Amex HHonor is not a bad card. No AF and a decent sign up bonus. I think you stand maybe a 10% chance at approval.

You just got a card from them, and you were marginal when you got it. IF you want something other than a charge card, you chances of approval are slim.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 22 of 25
jrmsmlbg
Established Member

@Dustink,

Once you start getting higher limits from other lenders,

what exactly do you say to the others in regards to matching that higher limit? 

Thanks,

JS

Starting Score: 672EQ (9/18/13) 726EX MyScore (9/30/13)
Current Score: 727EQ (10/16/13)
Goal Score: 800 Across the board.

Last Application: 9/26/13 | Gardening Until: 9/26/14
Message 23 of 25
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

I think YMMV when applying for anything. Believe me I've just purchased a home in Feb and have obtained these following new cards since March all while have defaulted on a student loan. I had some many students trade lines and I thought all my loans were under the forbearance, but later found I they weren't. Most would have said to go under repay plan don't have that mark on your credit, but when you're tired of dealing with so many loans agencies you just consolidate just like I did. This was done in 2011. The other mark on my credit is a CO from Chased 1st started out under Providian then Washington Manual. I never missed a payment until Chase took over and they kept screwing with my login account. So again YMMV when applying for anything.
Ashley's Furniture 4,000 (March)
Pottery Barns 4,000 to 6,000 (March)
Macy's 600 to 1,300 (April)
Discover 3,000 to 3,750 (Late May)
Amex BCE 7,000 (October 2)

Sorry if the format is weird I'm typing on my iPad.
My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 24 of 25
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@hussain99 wrote:

Sorry I didn't get this.

I got Amex Delta in December. If I get a card in Jan (or Feb) next year, it would be backdated to Jan (or Feb) 2012.

Am I missing something here?

No your not missing anything the thing is that why are you in such a rush to get another Amex so quickly even if you get another card in say Oct. 2014 it still will be backdated to jan 2012 so why the rush.  No matter when you apply you backdate will be Jan. 2012. 

Also like someone said if you got approved for 1k on their easiest card then you were definitely borderline.  I personally would wait the 61day for the 3x cli then if your income and spend warrant apply for another 3x cli 6 month after.  Time is on your side no need to rush it.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.