Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Barclay Credit Card Approval?

tag
maponafa
New Contributor

Easiest Barclay Credit Card Approval?

Hello I was wondering what Barclay Credit Card has the easiest approval rating?  Also does anyone have the Travelocity Amex Brand Card?

I'm interested in what CBR they pull?

What Scores tend to get approved?

How are they on Inquiries?  I have 2 on TU, 3 on EQ and None on EX

How are they on Baddies? 

Thanks for all suggestions!!

Starting Score: EQ - 450 TU - 429 (12-24-2008)
Current Score: EQ - 680 TU - 741 (09-11-2010)
Goal Score: 815
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easiest Barclay Credit Card Approval?

Barclays pulls TU and the Apple card seems to be the easiest to be approved for, but you might get sub-prime limits. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 33
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Any opinions on LL Bean or Barnes and Noble?

Message 3 of 33
Uniqua
Established Contributor

I have the Travelocity AmEx.  There are two, one with an annual fee and one without.  It was pretty easy for me to get.  Approved instantly online for $12,500 CL.  I believe the APR is 13.24%.  They pull TU.  My score at the time was 796.  Never questioned my inquiries, but I was denied a couple of years ago due to not having any revolving accounts showing positive payment history.   They are okay with baddies that are older.  Not sure which is the easiest to get but at one time the Carnival Sea Miles was what seemed to be easiest.  Not even sure if they still offer it.  The B&N CC may be an easy one as well.

Message 4 of 33
Uniqua
Established Contributor

There's one thing I forgot to mention and what I like most about the card.  As you earn points on your purchases, they are available to you as soon as the transaction posts.  When you log into your account, you will see them immediately and there is a breakdown of how many points were earned for each purchase.  You don't have to wait for your statement to cut to see how many points you have available. 

Message 5 of 33
laz98
Senior Contributor

i thought the itunes card was no more?  & isn't barnes & noble going bankrupt?

Message 6 of 33
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Barclay's in general is easy to get.  Doesn't really matter which product as long as you are if I remember correctly over a 630?  They tend to give somewhat generous limits but will clock you upside the head when you're not looking and cut your limit if you open more than one account at the same time.  Rates vary of course depending on the partner program.  When I was researching all of their options I believe the lowest rate card was the Harvard one @ sub 10%.

https://www.harvardcard.com/app/japply/lp/TnCs.jsp?prodidreq=CCMWC24758 - shows 7.24%

https://www.harvardcard.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=1327&cellNumber=3 - application link

To sum it up.... Buyer beware!

Message 7 of 33
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

The Barclays cards have a 0% apr on balance transfers.    The application allows you to list CC and balances to transfer.  Is this good to do?

Message 8 of 33
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Wolf3 wrote:

The Barclays cards have a 0% apr on balance transfers.    The application allows you to list CC and balances to transfer.  Is this good to do?

When you're evaluating BT's, you have to look at the BT fee and length of promo period, in addition to any APR.

For instance, if there's a 5% BT fee, a 0% APR, and a six month period in which to pay off the balance, it's essentially 10% APR. As an example, a $1K balance transferred; $50 BT fee, payable over 6 months --> 10% effective APR.

It might work for you; it might not. But be sure to work out all the grim details. It's really easy to blow off the impact of the BT fee.

Generally, the longer the period, the better. If the BT period is over one year, and there's a 0% APR, then the real cost will be a bit less than the BT fee. So tweaking the example above, if there's a 5% BT fee, 0% APR, and a 15-month repay period, it works out to the equivalent of 4% APR, which is suddenly way more attractive than 10%.

(For those whipping out their HP calculators, I realize that the actual dollar figures would be a bit different, due to compound interest. But the examples given are close enough to what the real payments would be to illustrate the principle.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 33
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Hauling, have you heard anything on Barclays axing the B&N card?  I'm getting conflicting info on this. 

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.