Yes she wants it now. She is taking a trip next month and would like to put it on the priceline card
does she have inq on her reports? i mean obviously shes going to app anyways. the worst they can do is say no.
im guessing you jointly opening the account is out of the question?
|Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15|
Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Earn Cash Back
|Amex Zync(Unicorn) |
Citi DC $10,000
She got approved for the priceline card this morning through the backdoor number for 500.00. She just called me and asked me to ask you guys if there is a way that she can get atleast 1200 for a upcoming trip?
Did she have to call the backdoor number for a recon? If so I think calling them back for a CLI would be too much too soon.
Well she said she had to call the backdoor number for additional information so I am assuming it was for a recon.
Two days ago, I put my brother's tuition bill to my Barclay's Rewards World MC. It was only like $1200. Barclays didn't approve it because the account is new. I called them to find out what's going on. I was directed to credit analyst. He asked me a whole bunch of question to verify my ID and made sure they didn't open the account by mistake. I'm sure they pulled credit report all that day because they put me on hold for couple of minutes. Finally, they approved the transaction after answering Lexis Nexis questions. It is not a good idea to put a big purchase expecially a brand new account.
Most of the time, they will tell you no. They will tell you to show us some payment history to get any CLI. I would say wait six months to ask for any increase.
I highly doubt she is looking to charge 1200 on a 500 limit card. I think what she is looking for is a cl of 1200 instead of the 500
Either way, I agree with Shogun....if she had to go to recon to get the card in the first place, an instant CLI to $1200 is not in the cards. (Pun intended)
Maybe she can use it to pay for just part of her trip. Or, depending on Barclays policy, maybe she can prepay say $1000 to the card, wait for it to post, and then buy the $1200 trip against that credit, leaving her with a $200 balance on the $500 limit and earning her full points on the purchase. But I'd definitely ask them before doing that to confirm she will still get full points if she does it that way. Otherwise, it'd be an empty effort.
Patience is one of the most difficult aspects of growing your credit, but it's a necessary part of the process. 6 months from now, if she manages the account well, that CLI will not be unreasonable to ask for or unlikely to be approved. A year from now, when that repo is gone from her credit report, she'll be looking even better.