Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Barclays CC to get??

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Easiest Barclays CC to get??

Yes she wants it now. She is taking a trip next month and would like to put it on the priceline card

Message 11 of 22
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Yes she wants it now. She is taking a trip next month and would like to put it on the priceline card

does she have inq on her reports? i mean obviously shes going to app anyways. the worst they can do is say no. 

im guessing you jointly opening the account is out of the question? Smiley Wink

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 12 of 22
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Jointly is totally out the question. She has 3 inqs

Message 13 of 22
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

She got approved for the priceline card this morning through the backdoor number for 500.00. She just called me and asked me to ask you guys if there is a way that she can get atleast 1200 for a upcoming trip?

Message 14 of 22
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Did she have to call the backdoor number for a recon?  If so I think calling them back for a CLI would be too much too soon.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 22
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Well she said she had to call the backdoor number for additional information so I am assuming it was for a recon.

Message 16 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

Two days ago, I put my brother's tuition bill to my Barclay's Rewards World MC. It was only like $1200.  Barclays didn't approve it because the account is new. I called them to find out what's going on. I was directed to credit analyst.  He asked me a whole bunch of question to verify my ID and made sure they didn't open the account by mistake. I'm sure they pulled credit report all that day because they put me on hold for couple of minutes. Finally, they approved the transaction after answering Lexis Nexis questions.  It is not a good idea to put a big purchase expecially a brand new account.

Ron.

Message 17 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

Most of the time, they will tell you no. They will tell you to show us some payment history to get any CLI. I would say wait six months to ask for any increase.

Ron. 

Message 18 of 22
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

I highly doubt she is looking to charge 1200 on a 500 limit card. I think what she is looking for is a cl of 1200 instead of the 500

Message 19 of 22
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Either way, I agree with Shogun....if she had to go to recon to get the card in the first place, an instant CLI to $1200 is not in the cards. (Pun intended)

Maybe she can use it to pay for just part of her trip. Or, depending on Barclays policy, maybe she can prepay say $1000 to the card, wait for it to post, and then buy the $1200 trip against that credit, leaving her with a $200 balance on the $500 limit and earning her full points on the purchase.  But I'd definitely ask them before doing that to confirm she will still get full points if she does it that way.  Otherwise, it'd be an empty effort.

Patience is one of the most difficult aspects of growing your credit, but it's a necessary part of the process.  6 months from now, if she manages the account well, that CLI will not be unreasonable to ask for or unlikely to be approved.  A year from now, when that repo is gone from her credit report, she'll be looking even better.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.