Did you mean: 

Easiest Chase card to get?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Easiest Chase card to get?

@bmd0224 wrote:

Chase pulled EQ only for me in NC.

Thank you for that.Very reassuring! Btw, I think North Carolina is a great state! Considering a move to either Raleigh or the Asheville area.Love those down home values and the food!!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 21 of 34
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

kind of late now but they pulled ex only when i apped for chase freedom last month. got approved for 500 :/ 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 22 of 34
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

ive had a BoA partially secured card for 2 months, to early to apply for chase freedom??? myfico 733, EQ 679, TU 655, EX 650.

or any reccomendations for what i should do next. i have an auto loan ive had 100% on time payments for 1.5 years also.

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 23 of 34
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum!

Chase usually requires 6-12 mos of revolving history. I say usually because YMMV but I think 2 mos is too short for Chase.

You might want to start a new thread to ask for suggestions other than this threads topic.
Message 24 of 34
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

thanks for the quick reply!

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 25 of 34
HiLine
Blogger

@CREDITSURFER wrote:

ive had a BoA partially secured card for 2 months, to early to apply for chase freedom??? myfico 733, EQ 679, TU 655, EX 650.

or any reccomendations for what i should do next. i have an auto loan ive had 100% on time payments for 1.5 years also.

Chase looks down upon secured credit cards. I would get a non-secured card from another creditor before trying out your luck with Chase. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 34
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@CREDITSURFER wrote:

Chase looks down upon secured credit cards. I would get a non-secured card from another creditor before trying out your luck with Chase. Smiley Happy

wow...really? didnt know that at all? im assuming they see it as you are rebuilding or new to credit.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 27 of 34
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgerslv wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@CREDITSURFER wrote:

wow...really? didnt know that at all? im assuming they see it as you are rebuilding or new to credit.

I was approved for a Freedom with three secured cards on my credit report.  

I don't think this is the case honestly, though I agree that 2 months is too short of time unless you have a good chunk of increasing change in a Chase depository account and have had that for a non-trivial amount of time.

        
Message 28 of 34
HiLine
Blogger

@dodgerslv wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@CREDITSURFER wrote:

Let me be more specific. When I applied for Chase Freedom, the Chase credit analyst said the reason for denial was that my only card was a secured card. This exchange left a deep impression in me - why not? They rejected my application, and worse, they looked down upon the card I had proudly been owning and using. 

I really hope what the Chase person said to me did not reflect Chase's policy, but to be on the safe side, I would suggest that you obtain a non-secured card before applying for a Chase card. Or having multiple secured cards may help you like it did Revelate. Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 34
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@CREDITSURFER wrote:

Let me be more specific. When I applied for Chase Freedom, the Chase credit analyst said the reason for denial was that my only card was a secured card. This exchange left a deep impression in me - why not? They rejected my application, and worse, they looked down upon the card I had proudly been owning and using. 

I really hope what the Chase person said to me did not reflect Chase's policy, but to be on the safe side, I would suggest that you obtain a non-secured card before applying for a Chase card. Or having multiple secured cards may help you like it did Revelate. Smiley Happy

Well eventually i want to get in with Chase (got denied back in Aug.2012 and denied on 1st recon attempt). Would like to try around sep/oct. of this year but afraid i may still get denied. I am going to take my chances and aim high (CSP), dont know what my chances will be come the time but i will be prepared to recon this time and take no for an answer...LOL.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.