Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Citi Card

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Easiest Citi Card

Board members are always asking what is the easiest AMEX or Chase card to get but what is the easiest Citi card to get?

I am thinking of applying sometime in 2013 and they don't like me.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Easiest Citi Card

@Scuba wrote:

Board members are always asking what is the easiest AMEX or Chase card to get but what is the easiest Citi card to get?

I am thinking of applying sometime in 2013 and they don't like me.

YMMV, but you could try checking out whogavemecredit.com and searching Citi and see what are some of the lowest scores that people had and were approved. *scroll to the bottom for the most recent entries*

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 13
nickn86
Contributor

Probably the Forward.  It may also be their best card.

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 3 of 13
distantarray
Established Contributor

@nickn86 wrote:

Forward coupled with Preferred or Premier makes it the best card by far.

Foward = 0.8%   + Preferred = 1% per point (no annual fee)

Forward + Premier = 1.33% per point for travel   ($120 annual fee)

So I recommend hoarding Forward points for a while then getting the other ones, but Forward is a good card made for students, it replaced the MTV card which was primarily for students.  Hence why the rewards are for dining out, movies, bookstores, music (amazon is classified as a bookstore Smiley Wink it beats out even the Amazon cards at 3%

So Forward would probably be the easiest way in.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 13
Mellon
Established Contributor

Citi wants nothing to do with me....LOL

Message 5 of 13
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

One more vote for forward
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 6 of 13
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

YMMV, but you could try checking out whogavemecredit.com and searching Citi and see what are some of the lowest scores that people had and were approved. *scroll to the bottom for the most recent entries*

How reliable is whogavemecredit?   Credit Karma offers a similar list but is actually pulling scores (albeit FAKOs) from people on their site who have that card.   I don't know how accurate that is either (not sure how they would know the score at time of application for that card, unless they only count apps through the site) and it has a bias (those on CK) but is whogavemecredit just self-reporting?

Message 7 of 13
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

I have the forward and for me its meh but then again im not a student.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 8 of 13
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Whogavemecredit is just self reported, so it's as reliable as the people who leave the feedback. Too often I see people not posting the actual bureau pulled and just a bunch of FAKOs

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 9 of 13
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@nickn86 wrote:

Forward coupled with Preferred or Premier makes it the best card by far.

Foward = 0.8%   + Preferred = 1% per point (no annual fee)

Forward + Premier = 1.33% per point for travel   ($120 annual fee)

So I recommend hoarding Forward points for a while then getting the other ones, but Forward is a good card made for students, it replaced the MTV card which was primarily for students.  Hence why the rewards are for dining out, movies, bookstores, music (amazon is classified as a bookstore Smiley Wink it beats out even the Amazon cards at 3%

So Forward would probably be the easiest way in.

Hi. I asked this on another thread, but I was just curious about the Forward + TY Preferred combo. How exactly does getting the Preferred add to the value of TY points earned on the Forward. I am planning an app spree in the near future and would love to hear how this works.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.