Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Citi Card

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Easiest Citi Card

@sengpatt wrote:

Hi. I asked this on another thread, but I was just curious about the Forward + TY Preferred combo. How exactly does getting the Preferred add to the value of TY points earned on the Forward. I am planning an app spree in the near future and would love to hear how this works.

If you go to the ThankYou site, there is a message:

We encourage ThankYou® Members to sign on prior to browsing Thankyou.com. Point values and reward selections vary based on your ThankYou participating product or source of ThankYou membership and may be different from those shown on this page. Signing on provides members the most complete program experience tailored to their specific ThankYou account.

=========

Basically, if you log in with a Forward card, you get a lower rate of exchange on TYP, e.g. (making this up, 3,000 points for a $25 gift card).   Using a Preferred, you get one to one.  They can share an account, so points from your Forward can then be used with the Preferred, getting 1:1

Message 11 of 13
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@sengpatt wrote:

Hi. I asked this on another thread, but I was just curious about the Forward + TY Preferred combo. How exactly does getting the Preferred add to the value of TY points earned on the Forward. I am planning an app spree in the near future and would love to hear how this works.

If you go to the ThankYou site, there is a message:

We encourage ThankYou® Members to sign on prior to browsing Thankyou.com. Point values and reward selections vary based on your ThankYou participating product or source of ThankYou membership and may be different from those shown on this page. Signing on provides members the most complete program experience tailored to their specific ThankYou account.

=========

Basically, if you log in with a Forward card, you get a lower rate of exchange on TYP, e.g. (making this up, 3,000 points for a $25 gift card).   Using a Preferred, you get one to one.  They can share an account, so points from your Forward can then be used with the Preferred, getting 1:1

Oh okay, thanks! I know the Forward can get 1:1 on a few things (e.g. travel, student loan rebates), but I will definitely consider this when I'm applying. Originally I thought that the 1 TY point per dollar on the Preferred was pretty ho-hum, but if it will make my Forward points more valuable, that might change things.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 12 of 13
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Right, the idea is that they work together.  It's easy to amass a lot of points with Forward (with the 5x stuff), then the Preferred, which isn't earning much itself, boosts their value.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.