Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Store Card To Get?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easiest Store Card To Get?

Hi all...

I just joined here - FICO 621 according to this site.

So, are there any department-type stores or other store cards I could get? Anyone have any information about what credit reporting service they use to calculate the score (Equifax, Experian, etc...)?

I am trying to re-build my credit, and am thinking of getting a secured Orchard and trying for a department store type card. I would like to get something useful...maybe

Sears
Best Buy
Lowe's

...something along those lines. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easiest Store Card To Get?

I was approved for a Best Buy card with a $2800 CL almost two years ago, and my credit scores weren't above 600 if I remember correctly, you might want to try them.  Just keep in mind that if you buy something large, to pay careful attention to the fine print and how they allocate payments that you send in...
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out www.whogavemecredit.com Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think target red card is easiest one to get.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Best Buy(HSBC) still give a card if you have scores above 660 but they were included in a BK?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information folks. That website is really interesting and helpful. I'm going to try for the Target card, I think, since it seems easiest to get. I already applied, but I didn't get the instant approval, so we'll see if it actually goes through or not. Maybe I should've waited and gone to the store, since it seems like people have better luck that way, but I'll see how it goes. Any other information people can provide would be very helpful! Thanks!
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

flyers wrote:
Will Best Buy(HSBC) still give a card if you have scores above 660 but they were included in a BK?

You know, I'm not sure, I haven't had any BK's, check the thread that list BK friendly CC's...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=207

Message Edited by Jamesus81801 on 07-28-2007 12:40 PM

Message Edited by Jamesus81801 on 07-28-2007 12:41 PM
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep me posted.

Thanks

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I think target red card is easiest one to get.

A couple years ago when my scores were completely trashed (low 500s at best) Target gave me a card with a $300 limit. I think in the 600s you can get most store cards except for Sears. I heard they are hard to get.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sears probably got tired of college students not paying their bills and made it hard for everyone.  I received my first CC from Sears while I was in college in the 80's.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.